Irish Mountain
Running Association

New registration details 2016

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúJan 4 2016, 9:57pmRegistration is now open for 2016 with quite a few members registered already (including quite a few new members).

Following on from the recommendations from our external auditor and to relieve some of the burden on RD's having to be responsible for large sums of cash we are introducing some new procedures around registration.

Please note that this year we will be offering prepaid race entries only. No Cash payments will be accepted on race day.

Payment may be made by either registering online ahead of event and paying the €7/€5 entry fee or using a race voucher on the day. To facilitate this we will be allowing 2016 race vouchers with any remaining races at the end of 2016 role over to the following year.

Registration will close the day before the race to facilitate getting list of entrants over to race directors in time. As usual vouchers can be used to purchase multiple entries to facilitate registering for children, friends etc.

Runners will be required to sign in either as a preregistered runner or a voucher runner - further details on the new procedures and new guidelines will be sent to Race Directors in advance of races.

Runners will also be responsible for their own numbers at the end of the race and will be required to keep them and bring them with them for next race.

IMRA Committee 2016
James HigginsJan 4 2016, 10:17pmPol, can you confirm that the E50 race vouchers still covers ten races? Tks
Gavan DohertyJan 4 2016, 10:28pmHi Pól and committee,

Well done - for ages it's been manic for RDs and crew signing up new runners in a short space of time and registration in general (which impacts the laptop operation and therefore results).

I'm sure there'll be a few glitches as we get used to the new system but great progress overall!

Cheers,
Maike JürgensJan 4 2016, 10:32pmsounds like a great improvement. Can you just confirm what happens to the Munster races? will those use the same vouchers or pre entry? thanks and happy new year.
Brian TroyJan 4 2016, 10:41pmSorry Pol,

I am a little confused. You said in the previous topic (annual membership 2016) that we give back our numbers at the end of the race and then in this post you said that we keep them after the race. Could you set me straight on this. Sorry for bothering you with these silly questions. thanks for your help.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 4 2016, 10:58pm@Jim - yes no change to prices or number of races covered by vouchers only difference is the online payment option.

@Maike - No changes for Munster races at the moment but we are looking at this with them. They have always operated slightly different to Leinster any ways.

@Brian - That was someone else who advised that (Warren). That is why I also posted on that post to clear that up.

@ Gavan - Thanks for your feedback.
Brian TroyJan 4 2016, 11:02pmoh am so sorry Pol, didn't see that
Thanks again
Karen DevenneyJan 4 2016, 11:02pmHi Brian,as Pol explained in both threads, you get your number at your first race and then hold onto it yourself and bring it to each race. This is a new policy we are trying this year, IMRA used to collect the numbers after each race hence the conflicting posts from others
Brian TroyJan 4 2016, 11:06pmThanks Karen
I will be doing most of my running in Munster. So now that I have registered online, I hope to make Corrin Hill my first race. So on the day they will have my number for me and I will hold onto it for the year? Sounds good, can't wait.
Andreas KuschJan 4 2016, 11:32pmWell done, new committee. Delighted to see online registration dealing with the cash problem. Also very glad not to have to sort and handle a hundred and more of those lovely/smelly/bloody/rusty/... numbers after the race.
Now when are we going to move away from manual time keeping and adopt the parkrun timing procedure or other?
I'm involved in the first junior parkrun in the Republic in Rush. We had to deal with 166 runners at the first outing in December and it wasn't a big issue.
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 7:58amWell done new committee - it will take a little getting used to but will be a huge improvement once everyone gets the hang of it
Angus TynerJan 5 2016, 8:52amGreat development committee. One suggestion, place an obvious note on the fixtures page. This will catch anyone who looks at that page only.

How do I register junior?
Can we have junior 10 race voucher?
Stuart ScottJan 5 2016, 10:22amWell done Pol and Committee. It combines the advantages of a cashless system while maintaining the on-the-day entry laid back ethos which is one of the best things about IMRA.

I'd be a little concerned that giving back the numbers removes one of the key safety features - if somebody wasn't recorded at the finish line for whatever reason then the RD could check if their number was back and at least remove some of the uncertainty. Then again, it assumes someone used their right number!

The parkrun system is exactly the same as IMRA, except for using barcode readers instead of clipboards. Chip timing really is the only way to go. Regular runners wouldn't mind paying a small amount to buy a personal chip and IMRA could easily afford to have a small stock available to rent to first timers.
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 10:30amHi Pol

Can you clarify if there will be on the day entry allowed (with vouchers) as Stuart seems to suggest or if voucher people will also be required to pre enter races one day in advance (as your original post suggests)? And if everyone is pre entering how does this happen?
Stuart ScottJan 5 2016, 10:37amI think EOD is allowed - Pol did say "Runners will be required to sign in either as a preregistered runner or a voucher runner".
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 10:41amHe also said 'Registration will close the day before the race to facilitate getting list of entrants over to race directors in time'
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 10:44amHi Brendan,

Yes you can use vouchers to enter on the day without having to pre-enter on the website. This should facilitate people who make up their minds late in the day.

In order to purchase vouchers, or enter a race online, you will also need to purchase annual membership. This means that everyone who turns up to a race should have already purchased their annual membership online.

The objective of all this is to take away the burden of dealing with new registrations and handling cash from race volunteers.

So, the underlying point is no cash will be handled. You must use online registration to pay for annual membership. You have the choice of using direct race entry payment online or puchasing vouchers and using those at your discretion.

There will be some races which may not accept vouchers and be online only, such as the Wicklow Way races. Some races may have entry limits due to national park rules. Online entries will obviously get priority in this case.

Munster may have a different system for their races. That's at their committee's discretion.

Hope that clarifies... if not keep the questions coming!
Graham K. BusheJan 5 2016, 10:44amWould it be possible to have the vouchers on the member's account and they use one each time they register for a race?
Stuart ScottJan 5 2016, 10:45amReferring to online reg I'd guess but I have nothing more to quote from the Book of Pol. I guess it's all in the interpretation!
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 10:50amThanks Eoin, thats a useful clarification and as Stuart says it gives us the best of both worlds - voucher people can register on the day and we stop dealing with cash
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2016, 10:55amFrom another post: moving here to avoid confusion with having two treads on the same topic.

Graham K.Bushe: Hi, I'd like to pay membership for my sons. Last year they each did it at their first race. With the new procedures in place, would it be possible to have a junior membership fee available on the Purchase IMRA Products page? Any chance of Junior vouchers? Graham
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 10:58amAnd just to emphasise once more....

If you're going to "borrow" someone else's voucher to enter a race, you will still need to have purchased your annual membership online before race day. No payments of any kind, including annual registration, will be taken on race day, so you will not be able to race if you haven't purchased your annual membership online.

Please do this in good time before race day itself.
Graham K. BusheJan 5 2016, 10:58amThanks Eoin. Sorry, I posted my question just as you had clarified.

Thanks Pól for copying my other post.
Justin DuttonJan 5 2016, 11:08amHi Pol, will the race vouchers be accepted for the WW Ultra?
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 11:12amHi Graham,

I'll try to answer your questions...

Online vouchers are a possibility for the future. Hopefully we'll be able to transition over to that system at some point. The underlying website database has been designed to be able to handle online vouchers, but more work would be required to allow users to manage their entries. We also have to be careful not to design a process that requires a live internet connection for the laptop.

Juniors should get their discounted rates automatically applied both for membership and race entry (please let me know if this is not the case). Their MyIMRA account just needs to be set up with their correct Date of Birth, and the online purchases should be done from this account.

Junior vouchers would be complicated to implement from a procedural point of view, and create a new burden for race volunteers to deal with. So vouchers are universal (Juniors still do not loose out, as they are cost neutral for them)
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2016, 11:13am@ Andreas yes this is something we are looking into at the moment. In order to introduce such a system be it chip timing or similar to what Park run uses things need to be simplified somewhat regarding registration on the day. otherwise we would need to up the volunteer numbers significantly and it would also put a lot of pressure on laptop operator and other such key volunteer roles.

@Angus I will add to Howth instructions now. This should make it a bit more visable for anyone who doesn't visit forum. We looked at introduncing Junior vouchers but this would just be too difficult to monitor i.e. adults using junior vouchers etc. Juniors can be registered in the same way as adults through their "myImra" account. If they don't already have one you may need to set up for them.

@Graham this is also being looked into with a virtual type voucher that you would use to preregister. unfortunately not ready at the moment.

@Graham's other comment This should now be available via their myimra page. As above to Angus's comment if they don't have one already you may need to set one up for them.

@Stuart and @Brendan - I think Eoin has already answered/clarified most of your queries. Just addressing the issue with numbers being kept by runners. This system was never perfect either as runners occasionally went home with their numbers or they were sometimes sorted wrong or some people ended up with replacement numbers and indeed people ran with the wrong numbers quite a lot over the past couple of years. We would still have a similar system in place with taking runners numbers manually as they finish so hopefully this will be work as a backup.
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 11:18amJustin, No vouchers cannot be used to pay for any of the Wicklow Way races (As has always been the case). They will be online entry only.
Graham K. BusheJan 5 2016, 11:42amThanks Pól, Eoin and the rest of the committee. I have registered the boys and the fees are correct on their MYIMRA pages.
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 11:57amThanks Pol, good to see we are keeping you busy and out of mischief !
Angus TynerJan 5 2016, 12:28pmEoin/Pól, Junior race fee was €4 so unless this has been raised, the voucher is not cost neutral otherwise I'd have no issue.

With myIMRA, it would be great to have the one login for a family. Would you consider trying to add this? Zoë is registered on myIMRA but I've no idea of her log-in or even which of my other emails I used to register her. The forgot password is not working for me.

Eoin, I'll email you direct about Zoë's log in
Andrew HanneyJan 5 2016, 12:30pmWell done on this change, removes a big burden from volunteers and means events will be more about running and less about admin.
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 1:59pmOn Angus' point of the discounted race fee. This is now 5 Euro, as this works a lot better from an administrative point of view, particularly with the vouchers (Again, the main driver for these changes is simplification for race volunteers accross the board, both at the races and in the background behind the scenes).

Family log-ins would be way too much work to be worth it from our point of view. Would probably need to be overly complex on the user side as well. But it can be looked at in the future for sure, having said that.
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 2:12pmThe simplest way to solve Angus and Graham's junior voucher request would be to allow any Junior who has a race voucher to run in 12 races (ie punch two extra holes on their voucher) rather than 10
Miriam MaherJan 5 2016, 2:17pmDown there for dancing Brendan! Would that be a workable option Pól or Eoin? I was going to use my race vouchers card for Luke and myself each time, he's not likely to be there without me anyway. But would be happy to have a second voucher card just for him if it worked that way.
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 2:17pmAh, but then we have to distinguish between junior vouchers and senior vouchers, which adds to the admin burden for volunteers at races. And then there is the scenario where more than one family member can use the same voucher. That wouldn't be possible if we started to distinguish between junior and senior vouchers (or Standard and Discounted, to be more accurate... over 65s also automatically get discounted rates on website purchases).
Miriam MaherJan 5 2016, 2:24pmFair enough, back to my original plan! We come as package deal, Mother and Son, to these races anyway.
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 2:27pmEven if you include all juniors and over 65's in this its still only a small number of people so the best Irish solution to this Irish problem is to just let them have two (or three) extra stamps on their standard voucher - otherwise you are penalising them by either forcing them to pre register every week at 4 euro or pay an extra euro per race - Seamus Kilcullen would be spinning in his poor grave at the injustice !
Eoin KeithJan 5 2016, 2:33pmHi Brendan,

The discounted rate is now 5 Euro, so there is no loss to using vouchers.

(
Now who was it that raised the old standard fee from 5 to 7, and who was the lad ranting the biggest objections :)
)
Brendan LawlorJan 5 2016, 2:38pmHa ha - Voucher Gate - it was over before it started! Thanks Eoin
Peter O'FarrellJan 5 2016, 7:11pmA fantastic development and well done to the committee for implementing this change.
Reading all those messages about junior fees got me wondering why we charge juniors anything at all. We need to encourage juniors.

Of 227 runners at Howth last year only 6 were juniors. (5 were over 70)

Maybe it's time for IMRA to let juniors/elders race for free and then charge a flat €5 for everyone from the age of 16 to 66. That should cut down on the options and further ease the administrative burden.

On the issue of the race vouchers the current system of a box of pieces of card each worth €50 being passed on from Billy to Jack and looking EXACTLY the same as the annual membership card leads to confusion, at the very least.

I know for a fact I gave one out last year at Ticknock thinking it was a membership card - maybe it should be a different shape to the membership card and maybe it should be posted out?
Paul O'GradyJan 5 2016, 7:29pmCongratulations to the Committee on an excellent initiative.

Following on from Peter's comment - I've always wondered why we even have membership cards. If we are now going online and everyone has to pre-register then we don't don't need them - apart from getting a 10% discount in the great outdoors - that they will still give you if you have left your card at home!! It may be another way to cut down on administration costs for the 2017 next season.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 5 2016, 8:13pm@ Peter & Paul - membership cards and vouchers are ordered already and you'll be glad to know Peter that they will be different sizes this year! I think you are right though Paul I think anyone could prob get the discount just saw do I get a discount for being a member of the club...haha.
Caitlin BentJan 7 2016, 4:08pmChucks!! Just when I thought I might be considered being made an Honorary Member, the race fee goes up for over 65s! Seamus where are you?
Alan AylingJan 8 2016, 4:26pmThese new vouchers - washing machine-proof?
Ruairí ShortJan 11 2016, 9:51pmThis all seems great.

I'm slightly confused on one point. How do I use my race vouchers? I can only use them on the day of the race is my interpretation.
Brian O MurchuJan 12 2016, 12:07amHi Ruairi,
Once you have registered for the year, collect your 10-race voucher card at the next race of your choosing, and it will be clipped as your entry to that race. If you have the goodwill, you can even use your voucher card at registration to get any friends into the race also (if they've registered for the year). At 10 races for 50 quid, it's cheaper than pre-paying for races individually!
Derek WestonJan 12 2016, 5:38pmHi. I just registered online and paid for the Howth race. Do I need to print anything off? Don't want to face any Ryanair-esque frustrations on the day. thanks!
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 25 2016, 11:32pmJust a reminder of the new registration process for 2016...

Some FAQ answered below:

IMRA ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AND RACE REGISTRATION
To take part in an IMRA event do the following by 6 pm on the day before the race you want to take part in:
First: make sure you are registered for IMRA annual membership in 2016 at a cost of €10.00 for the year. Annual membership is necessary to take part in any IMRA event.
Then: register for the race event and pay your one time race fee of €7.00
Or – purchase a race voucher (€50.00 for 10 race entries).
Online registration for membership, races or race vouchers closes at 6 pm the day before each race to allow the race director enough time to run the reports of those entered and registered.
That’s all you need to get set up for taking part in an IMRA race.
If you have already paid for your annual membership and have purchased race vouchers as well – you can just turn up on the day and sign in, no need to do anything further online.
How to purchase annual membership/race entry/race vouchers:
- Go to www.imra.ie – click on the ‘register for myimra’ tab on the top left hand corner and follow the instructions.
- Once registered for myIMRA – go to ‘purchase my IMRA products’
- Select from the shopping basket the option you need: membership/race entry/race vouchers
- Payments by credit or debit card are accepted
Please note: that no cash can be accepted for race entries or annual membership registrations on the day of the event.
Race vouchers can be shared with others taking part in the race once they have paid for their annual membership for IMRA in 2016
Race Day – Sign in procedure
When you arrive at the race venue you will need to do one of the following;
1) Sign in as having registered and paid online for that race only.
OR
2) Collect your race voucher, purchased online, sign in on the sheet provided and get your voucher ‘punched’ for the race
OR
3) Using your existing race voucher, get it ‘punched for the race and sign in on the sheet provided
IMRA Race Number Bib
If this is your first IMRA race, you will need to collect your race number (which will be on your email confirmation sent when you registered and paid for IMRA membership online). Please keep your race number after the event and bring it with you for all future IMRA race events during 2016

If the above information doesn’t cover your query, please use the forum on the website to send your query and a member of IMRA will respond shortly.
Shane O'MalleyFeb 29 2016, 10:38pmHi,

At the moment it does not seem possible to buy membership. It is only showing four items. The yearbook, Wicklow way ultra, Trooperstown hill and race vouchers.

Any idea when it will be back.

Shane
Karen DevenneyMar 1 2016, 12:06amShane, looks like membership is still available. You can only buy membership for yourself so once you've registered, it disappears from your available products. If someone else wants to register, they'll have to do so themselves by signing into their MyIMRA account
Seán TwohigMar 20 2016, 9:56pmI've paid for membership online, but I'll be doing a Munster race as the first this year. Should I not have done this, so? Is all of the Munster payment (registration/race) taken on the day as usual?
Michael McSweeneyMar 21 2016, 9:49amSean.
For the Munster races:
You can pay the race organizers for the Race on the day.
Regarding Registration, you can either pay on the day or pay online. If you pay online, take note of your Race Number (which will be on your email confirmation sent when you registered and paid for IMRA membership online) and bring this along to your first Munster race. The race organizers will give you a blank race number sheet to write you number on.
At least that's what happened in my case, hope this helps.
Micheal.
Seán TwohigMar 22 2016, 10:31pmThanks Micheal, I'll give that a try too so.
Robertdub RobertdubJWOct 14 2017, 9:33pmJak przedwieczny stanowil incydent <a href="http://sylwetka-arnolda.pl">budowa miesni</a> ? Co gadaja doktory ? Ja kombinuje, ze tudziez oczywiscie pragniesz rasi podniecac a pragniesz sporzadzac gladsze wyszkolenia. Np pompki na kolanach, wlaczania sposród gumami lub australijskie.

Transformacja w cwiczeniach obligatoryjna istniec charakterystyczna, azeby dynamizowac supernowoczesne instynkty, minimum poprzez okreslony frazeologizm. Wytrzymaj wówczas do rundy ikry tudziez trenuj taki zestaw.

Niejednokrotny wszakze zamówienie znaczne u ektomorfików egzystuje tak koturnowe, ze zapewnienie twarzowej czesci otoczek przy uwag cukrów wystaje sie zalozeniu straszliwe. Z wspólpraca przynosza watahy, jakie <a href="http://sylwetka-arnolda.pl/dieta.html">suple</a> traktuja nad dwa sztychów ciezsza tresciwosc nizeliby <a href="http://sylwetka-arnolda.pl">tabletki na mase</a> odmienne dwa makroskladniki zywnosciowe. Wytycza wówczas, ze do zerów warto kompletowac oliwe sposród oliwek, obraz lniany, orzechy, awokado, maslo zóltobrazowe czyli zute siemie lniane. Tedy aczkolwiek konstelacja egzystuje bliska niczym w wypadku cukrów nalozonych - nie rezim kopnac krótka wartosc cyfrowa. Sposród obowiazkowoscia niemniej wolno stwierdzic, iz populacji powinien wykryc sie w którymkolwiek obiedzie, nadmiernie cudem tego potreningowego, korzystajacego na cukrach przasnych.