Irish Mountain
Running Association

Adventure Racing

AuthorDateMessage
Ryan PaetzoldFeb 21 2017, 10:22amapologies in advance for lack of etiquette if mountain runners view adventure racing like roadies view mtbikers...

I've just completed my first adventure race and looking to cut my teeth into longer event team based ones. The first in mind is the Beast of Balyhoura 24hr, but I lack the navigational skills to make it out safely or ever especially in the dark and or inclement weather - are there any members who partake in adventure racing and if anyone is looking to adopt a newbie for the Beast?
Pól Ó MurchúFeb 21 2017, 3:08pmHi Ryan,
Not at all...in fact there would be quite a few IMRA runners who do Adventure racing. Generally with the longer team events you will have one or two navigators so it wouldn't be unusual for people to have little or no nav experience and still be well able to compete as part of a team although always an advantage to have some experience. I'd say closer to the time you will see teams looking for partners to form new teams and/or substitute in for injured team members. Good luck with it.