Irish Mountain
Running Association

Race Director Training - Wednesday 5th April

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúMar 29 2017, 8:34pmJust a reminder We are having a Race Director training evening on Wednesday the 5th of April at the Stillorgan Orchard starting at 7pm and an estimated finish time of 9 pm.

If you are interested in attending please mail Laura Flynn at her IMRA email address or post here. The session will be given but Brendan Lawlor and Vivian O'Gorman and a briefing on the new chip timing system will be given by myself. We will provide some food and/or refreshments to all participants.
Duncan BarrettMar 29 2017, 10:05pmHi there, I'm interested in taking part in this evening on the 5th of April at the Stillorgan Orchard in training to be a Race Director.
Jason DowlingMar 30 2017, 6:23amHi Pól,

I'll be there.

Cheers,
Jason.
Brendan LawlorMar 30 2017, 12:27pmWe have

Adrian Tucker
John Ahern
Paul Morrissey
Liam Vines
Warren Swords
Brendan Neville
Alistair Hodgett
Duncan Barnett
Jason Dowling

Note again that all new Race Directors will be fully supported on their first outing by an experienced RD acting as a deputy. The suggestion by some of the above they they would initially act as a deputy at a race is also a good idea. Thank you to everyone who has signed up to date
Brendan LawlorMar 30 2017, 12:29pmAdrian Tucker
John Ahern
Paul Morrissey
Liam Vines
Warren Swords
Brendan Neville
Alistair Hodgett
Duncan Barnett
Jason Dowling
Sorcha Griffin

Room for 2 more for next week
Brendan LawlorMar 30 2017, 12:32pmWould one of the trainee RD's consider doing RD for Glasnamullan (The one I usually RD) as I'd love to run this race (I'll do deputy and help you out)
S.M. GriffithMar 30 2017, 1:16pmI will Brendan :)
Brendan LawlorMar 31 2017, 1:24pmHi

Could everyone coming on Wednesday please send me their email address (send to blawlor7 (at) gmail (dot) com) - I need to email everyone a few documents

Thanks
Duncan BarrettApr 5 2017, 10:45amHi Laura, I will not able to attend later for the RD in Stillorgan session as something as come up! Duncan :)
Brendan LawlorApr 11 2017, 12:10pmThere was a great turnout at last weeks Race Director training and it looks like IMRA will have enough RD's for the next month or two in any case. Can everyone please help these new RD's (and us gnarled and cynical old ones) by volunteering well in advance, especially you lovely laptop operators, first aiders and race markers.

Liam Vines looks like a natural with a clipboard in his hand! Well done on your first outing Liam !
Laura FlynnApr 14 2017, 4:27pmA belated thanks to Brendan and Vivian for putting together an excellent training evening for new and old race directors. For those who couldn't attend and are interested in taking on the role you can refer to the volunteer tab on the website which sets it out clearly also.

I'm very happy to report that all the Leinster League races have race directors signed up now and a big thank you is due to these individuals, especially the first-timers. They deserve our support and patience so no harm to start looking at registering in the helper roles now.Experienced Lap-top operators and race-markers are particularly important as those roles are crucial to the smooth running of an event.

There are still a few races up for grabs such as the Trail League races if anyone wants to have a look. As I've said before, you will get as much help and support as you want or need from the committee and other IMRA stalwarts.