Irish Mountain
Running Association

MM mugs.

AuthorDateMessage
Sarah Mc EneaneyMay 30 2017, 8:44pmJust wondering whats the update on the mugs. I ran my first ultra this year running Maurice mullian ultra and didn't finish on time to receive a mug. There seem to be no one replying to the posts on Facebook and i only see a post about collecting at races which i cannot do. Is there anyway of sending you money to cover post and get my mug and Edele Johnston mug sent to us please.
Thanks Sarah
Pól Ó MurchúMay 30 2017, 9:33pmHi Sarah, I haven't seen the post on Facebook...and went looking there and still cant see it...generally the official forum is the best place for messages like this or email...real oldschool :-) I have posted here and on Facebook a few times regarding the mugs. I posted a number of them some weeks ago and have another batch ready to dispatch. I should get to these in the next week or two when I get a chance to visit post office. A lot of people have also collected them at races. Its all the same to me but if I don't get any request from people I can't post them since I don't have any addresses...Drop me a mail with your addresses and I will include them in the next batch.
Mick HanneyMay 30 2017, 10:36pmFor next year I think it will be simpler all round - particularly for the organisers - if there was X no. of mugs for the first X no. of finishers. The organisation of a race is an enough to be doing on a given weekend without it dragging on effectively for months ;-) Fair play to the patiences of Dermot, Pol etc.
Pól Ó MurchúMay 31 2017, 12:38amAgreed Mick or perhaps first x registrations who run and finish. You can't win with this one...The problem with open registration and not setting a limit means it's extremely difficult to predict the number of entrants and/or finishers and given the mugs are hand crafted there's obviously quite a lead in for 400+ mugs and any extra that needed to be ordered given the volume of runners entering last minute.

With all the demands/messages and emails some of which are bordering on abusive my patience is wearing very thin...people don't read the posts you put up and then give out about not hearing anything...cannot win!
Stuart ScottMay 31 2017, 10:30amPol "Mugs" O'Murchu has a certain ring to it!
Caroline BidetMay 31 2017, 9:53pmI'm so sorry Pol - I'm a culprit. You are very patient and kind to devote yourself to the distribution of the mugs, they are just so great. I will find you on Facebook and send you my address.
Hazel ThompsonMay 31 2017, 11:26pmCaroline, I have yours :-)
Sarah Mc EneaneyJun 5 2017, 5:20pmApologies for very late reply and not seeing your posts on here. I dont mean to upset you or any of the other organisers. this event is one i love and i was so pleased to complete the ultra this year as my first ultra and fingers crossed ill be back next year and faster again. I will email you my details as I cant get to any mid week races but i would like to cover the cost of P&P as it is unfair to except the organisation to cover it when you provide times, quality trail races for so little.
many thanks
SARAH
Conor MurphyJun 5 2017, 8:32pmI did ask Vivian if I could get one but think my timing was bad...we were passing each other on Caher Ridge at the time and think he'd forgotten to bring them up with him...;)