Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mike Gomm

AuthorDateMessage
Jean O'NeillOct 16 2017, 2:43pmMike Gomm has just passed away today. He came home from hospital a week ago-he had been there for 2 months-and died peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
Brendan LawlorOct 16 2017, 2:49pmThanks Jean - thats sad news. Another IMRA legend gone - may he rest in peace
Paul O'GradyOct 16 2017, 2:55pmThat is very sad news Jean.

Mike was an absolute Gentleman. I always enjoyed the colourful boxes he had for the car keys.

May he rest in peace.
Rachel CinnsealachOct 16 2017, 2:55pmI am sad to hear this. Rip Mike. Condolences to his family.
Laura FlynnOct 16 2017, 3:07pmVery sad news about Mike, he'll be greatly missed. May he rest in peace.
Jeff SwordsOct 16 2017, 3:19pmVery sad news, condolences to his family and friends.
Henny BrandsmaOct 16 2017, 3:55pmVery sad news to hear of Mike's passing,spoke to him last week after coming out of hospital and was still in good spirits, another one off the IMRA legends past away,may he rest in peace.
Robert CostelloOct 16 2017, 4:17pmRIP Mike. Legend.
Mick HanneyOct 16 2017, 9:35pmRIP Mike. Another unique IMRA character lost to us. A life well lived in the hills with lots of stories shared over the years.
Pól Ó MurchúOct 16 2017, 10:15pmVery sad news indeed. What a lovely man. Always loved coming out on Wednesday afternoon/evenings doing the race route or a route of his choosing in his own time and always had time to volunteer and help out wherever needed then afterwards. Was delighted to see him back after his illness and out and about again. As Brendan said another one of the IMRA legends gone. RIP and condolences to his family.
John FitzgeraldOct 17 2017, 12:18amR.I.P.Mike.
A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves,
for they are still alive in our heart and minds,through us,
you will not be forgotten.Another great legend gone from the hills.
Brendan LawlorOct 17 2017, 2:57pmhttps://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=333846/Michael%20(Mike)GOMM/Portmarnock/Dublin
Douglas BarryOct 23 2017, 5:45pmJust saw this now. I am really sorry to hear of Mike's passing. He was an absolute gentleman and brought so much to IMRA races over so many years. He will be sorely missed.

Douglas
Douglas Barry
Monkstown,
Co. Dublin