Irish Mountain
Running Association

ITRA Points

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúOct 26 2017, 4:00pmThe following IMRA Races have qualifying points from ITRA this year (2017). These points can be used to apply for races such as UTMB, Lavaredo and other races that have a qualifying points requirement.

- Slí Gaeltacht Mhúscraí (11th February): 4 Points
- Wicklow Way Ultra (25th March): 3 Points
- Wicklow Glacier Lakes (9th April): 2 Points
- Ballyhoura Trail Ultra race (29th April): 3 Points
- Wicklow Way Race (10th June): 5 Points
- Glendalough Clover (2nd September): 4 Points

All results are now uploaded and should be visible on your ITRA profile (if you have one) and your performance index should also reflect your finishing times in these races.

Unfortunately the Wicklow Round will no longer qualify for points this year or in the future as it doesn't meet their criteria for a "Trail Race". I've fought this argument the last couple of years with ITRA but without making changes to the rules and how this is run it's no longer possible to justify it on their rules.

The committee are currently looking at the calendar of races for next year (although this will be up to the incoming committee to approve). It is expected once finalised that we will submit the above races again (and possibly one or more new races) for next year early in the year to provide a bit more certainty and also the possibility of attracting more participants from abroad.

Any questions on the above please contact me on my IMRA mail which you can find under "contact" below.
Mick HanneyOct 26 2017, 8:02pmFor different reasons perhaps but I see that the Bob Graham Round is also not a qualifying race from now on.