Irish Mountain
Running Association

Castlecomer Discovery Park

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry MoranJan 2 2018, 4:22pmSouth East League.
Newbie:
I will buy membership online. Do I need to bring anything with me to first race of South East League? email confirmation?
Are vouchers accepted at South east league? How many races will 50 voucher cover?
Do I need to but a chip(for timing?)?
Regards and looking forward to the races. GerryMoran
Gerry MoranJan 2 2018, 4:27pmjust see voucher last for 10 races. tnx
Brendan LawlorJan 9 2018, 8:31amIs this the location for this race ?

Castlecomer Discovery Park
The Estate Yard, Drumgoole, Castlecomer,
Co. Kilkenny, R95HY7X

Any details on the race length or course ?
Brendan LawlorJan 11 2018, 4:40pmAnother page in IMRA's history will be turned on Sunday 21st January 2018 when the South East wing of IMRA will open for business. Well done to Cormac MacDonnell and his SE group for the great work they have put in to get this started.

Can I ask that all experienced IMRA runners planning to head down or over to these races lend a hand as the new teams of Race Directors, Laptop Operators and volunteers find their feet and learn the IMRA ropes. And please bear with everyone as they iron out any little bumps in the road as they get going
Ger T GriffinJan 13 2018, 10:59pmHi the course is 9.4km, total elevation gain is 155m. It took a small group of us almost an hour to cover the route. Mostly trail and woodland with less than 2 km through an old open cast mining area! Race starts and finishes just beside the main car park of the Discovery Park. There is a car park charge of €2-€4 dependant on 2hour or full day stay. Alternative parking in main square in Castlecomer about 400m from start.
I think ye will enjoy the route and beautiful location.
Niamh KellyJan 17 2018, 10:52pmNewbie question

On the course, is the longer 9km route for more experienced trail runner would the shorter route suit someone with less trail running experience
Thanks in advance
Ger T GriffinJan 17 2018, 11:41pmHi Niamh, This 9km is suitable for anyone who can run a flat 10km on the road comfortably. There are no long climbs. You are not exposed to elements due to the woodland setting. Once you have some trail running experience you will enjoy it. It might be muddy in places but generally easy to make progress. If you are struggling there is a shorter rote option at about the 5km mark which will have you back via downhill route with another 2 km.
Niamh KellyJan 18 2018, 10:58pmHi Ger, thanks so much that helps a lot, I will be doing the 9km looking forward to it and see you on the day
Thanks Niamh
Ian McHardyJan 19 2018, 12:30amHi, is the kids race starting at the same time as adult one, or half an hour earlier like Corrin hill? I read somewhere that under 10s need to be accompanied by an adult, over 10s ok on their own - was this in relation to this race? Just trying to work out how to get all my family (7,10,45) running...
Karl RichardsJan 19 2018, 3:38pmMessage from Newbie: I have paid my registration and bought a €50 voucher. I would like to run in castlecomer but I don't know what to bring as I don't have a chip, don't have a physical voucher and didn't receive any membership card.

Can you please advise what I need to bring? I will have the payment receipts for registration and race voucher. thanks Karl
Karl RichardsJan 19 2018, 3:38pmMessage from Newbie: I have paid my registration and bought a €50 voucher. I would like to run in castlecomer but I don't know what to bring as I don't have a chip, don't have a physical voucher and didn't receive any membership card.

Can you please advise what I need to bring? I will have the payment receipts for registration and race voucher. thanks Karl

Niamh KellyJan 19 2018, 3:50pmKarl,

As far as I am aware, bring a copy of your registration with you with your race number.We pick up our numbers and chip at our first race and we have to mind them if you lose them you will have to pay for a replacement.

Niamh
Karl RichardsJan 19 2018, 4:44pmThanks Niamh. I don't need to register for Castlecomer then if I bring my receipt for the vouchers that I purchased.
Paul LarkinsJan 19 2018, 6:00pmHello, I am volunteering on Sunday, what time am I needed?
Ger T GriffinJan 19 2018, 11:12pmHi Paul, thanks for your help. You have 2 options. You can join me and some of the non race volunteers @ 08:45 main car park. We will run the full route together,allocating marshall's points. Back for coffee before racers arrive. Other wise meet at
Ger T GriffinJan 19 2018, 11:16pmHi Paul, thanks for your help. You have 2 options. You can join me and some of the non race volunteers @ 08:45 main car park. We will run the full route together,allocating marshall's points. Back for coffee before racers arrive. Other wise meet @ 10:15 at Registration for a
Marshall's briefing.
Ger T GriffinJan 19 2018, 11:30pmHi Ian, all 3 races start together at same time, with seniors to the front, working back to the younger runners. All runners are on same route initially. We have a sweeper running at the rear also.
Paul LarkinsJan 20 2018, 12:07pmThanks I'll look to be there for 845
Brendan LawlorJan 21 2018, 6:23pmBig well done to Ger Griffin and his wife Dee, Kevin on laptop and several marshals and helpers for a lovely opening race in the South East league... I hadn't seen that much muck n shite since Ballinastoe several years ago !

Great field of Juniors out too and thank you to the Castlecomer Discovery Park for allowing us in

Roll on Carrigbyrne!!
Karen DevenneyJan 21 2018, 6:50pmCongrats to Ger and co for pulling off the 1st Southeast League race today. Not sure which I enjoyed more, wading through a pond-sized 'puddle' twice or the mud slide in the quarry!

Results are now up, please email me if there are any issues at karen.devenney at imra dot ie. Just to note, as we can only record 2 course lengths, results for the 2 shorter courses have both been posted as short course
Anne-Marie FlahertyJan 21 2018, 8:33pmThat was so much fun!

Thanks to all of the volunteers, particularly those who stood out in the elements, to allow us to run this morning.

Fantastic course, still buzzing after it.
Caoimhin MacMaolainJan 21 2018, 8:57pmGreat to see so many juniors out running. Well done organisers.
Niamh KellyJan 21 2018, 9:31pmWhat a fantastic day we loved every minute of it! the mud and water just added to the fun! Thanks to all who organised and stood out in the rain today ye were a great support as well
Thanks so much
Mícheál O'RourkeJan 22 2018, 10:22amHi lads great day yesterday worth the travel from cork in the rain . Any idea where I can view the photos that were taken yesterday
Rory LeadbetterJan 25 2018, 11:14amGreat event lads. Well done to all involved. Can’t wait for the next one! I’d also like to see the photos if anyone knows where they can be viewed.
Niamh KellyJan 25 2018, 1:00pmsome pictures up on facebook on Raceface https://www.facebook.com/RaceFacePhoto/?hc_ref=ARQXvJih5zocSrgUfUyo6l86vTe4DqJny6qqVAycTT2EVxkerRUw9cfLIla0EZR8Csg&pnref=story

I hope that helps!
Niamh
Rory LeadbetterJan 25 2018, 3:00pmThanks for that Niamh, Unfortunately I don’t have a Facebook account :-(