Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth night training

AuthorDateMessage
Michael StokerFeb 3 2018, 11:37pmA few years back there was a post from a bunch of folk saying they were in the habit of running round Howth of an evening by headtorch. Is this group still active?
Ann HoranFeb 4 2018, 7:56amHaven’t heard that such a group exists. I live northside and would be very interested in doing the Howth summer route at least once before the race. Let me know if you get a group together.
Shane O'MalleyFeb 4 2018, 8:17amDublin Bay running club have a group that go up there very ear on Sunday morning I think.
Seem photos of them with headtorches as it is pre dawn during the winter.
Michael StokerFeb 4 2018, 11:43pmPretty sure these folk were out at night rather than the morning. I might try and find the original post. If no joy - any interest out there in getting a small group together for some night time capers before the clocks change? We wouldn't get lost I know all the paths
Stuart ScottFeb 5 2018, 10:39amHi Michael,

There's a group of us that go out night running on Wednesday nights in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains. The routes range from a straightforward ramble around Ballinastoe or Kippure to the full Jungle of Death experience. Brambles usually feature. They are great fun though and suitable for all abilities but they're entirely at your own risk and you do have to be able to look after yourself. If you're interested in being added to the mailing list, give me a shout on scottst1 A-T- g-MAIL D-ot Com. Just to be clear, these aren't organised runs nor are they associated with IMRA in any way.

Stuart
Michael StokerFeb 7 2018, 11:07pmThat sounds right up my street Stuart. Appreciate the invite. Email sent!