Irish Mountain
Running Association

Blackstairs Moiuntain

AuthorDateMessage
David WrocklageMar 22 2018, 9:42pmHello, I'll be in Ireland for the first time during this race and would love the chance to run while visiting. I've noticed on some the other races a mention of a jacket requirement. Is this a requirement for this race as well? I'm from Arizona and we have very little need for jackets especially waterproof, any recommendations? Also how do you normally carry this, in a pack? Apologies for all the questions, but I would like to be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance.
John J BarryMar 23 2018, 12:32pmA jacket is required for all IMRA events.

The quality of the Jacket will vary depending on the event / weather on the day.

For example a high level Irish Championship race on unmarked mountains will require a fully taped seams waterproof jacket, hat and gloves. While some of the more lower level 'league' jackets a windproof jacket will be enough.

Blackstairs would I suspect will fall into " windproof jacket" is enough but the weather on the day could change that.

The race director will make the final call.
Cormac MacDonnellMar 27 2018, 6:20pmHi David, Hope you get a chance to do a race when you are in Ireland. We have very changeable weather over especially in our upland areas hence the need for a jacket on most IMRA runs. For the Blackstairs race in late May this will be a requirement as its a mountain run. Runners usually carry a light weight jacket with them in a belt-bag or carry around their waist.