Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Round Attempt II

AuthorDateMessage
Marc WeeningJun 5 2018, 4:28pmWicklow Round Attempt II

Hey guys,

tonight Gideon Zadoks and I (Marc Weening) will take off at 1.00 o'clock for our Wicklow round attempt.

Last year we made a succesfull full recce off the round, but didn't make it in time because of the crime scene in the park which made some crossings only possible by making extra miles. I finished in just under 27 hrs.

This year we are back, more aware of the circumstances and the track navigation. We run under the updated rules. Our goal is, off course, to run under 24 hrs. Circumstances don`t look too bad.

Our tracking link = http://live.primaltracking.com/wicklowround18/?n=2

We`re looking forward having a good time out there en receiving some support off you guys!

Cheers - Gideon and Marc (runners) and supported by Jan Lucas.

ps Gideon and I are Dutch. Gideon is living in France for some years (in case you Google results or anything)
Graham K. BusheJun 5 2018, 4:35pmBest of Luck! Hope the weather is kind to you. Enjoy.
Gareth LittleJun 5 2018, 5:22pmBest of luck, Guys! Everything looks perfect for an attempt.
John MurrayJun 5 2018, 5:38pmEnjoy every step guys and the very best of luck!
Richard NunanJun 5 2018, 5:42pmThe very best of Luck !! The conditions are perfect - Great to see ye coming back to finish the Job !!
Robert CostelloJun 5 2018, 6:10pmVery best of luck Marc and Gideon. Looking forward to seeing how you go in what looks to be ideal conditions.
Rob
Jason DowlingJun 5 2018, 7:11pmFair play to you both for coming back to finish the job and wishing you both the very best of luck on your attempt. Hopefully this year, the only events of note on the mountains will be you two completing the 'round (part deux)!!
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 5 2018, 9:01pmBest of luck lads.
John MollohanJun 5 2018, 10:31pmIdeal conditions lads. That's half the battle, so you're half way their before you start! The very best of luck, and enjoy :-)
Stephen BrennanJun 5 2018, 10:44pmBest wishes!
Niamh KellyJun 5 2018, 11:33pmThe very best of luck lads lovely night for it
Lillian DeeganJun 6 2018, 12:20amGreat seeing ye back for another rattle of the route lads. Every best wish for a drama free one this time round. Good luck.
Brendan LawlorJun 6 2018, 9:10amBest of luck ! Great weather for it!
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 7 2018, 9:37amHard luck to they guys, they stopped their round attempt just before Djouce summit as they believed they would not complete within the 24 hours.

I haven't spoken with them yet but I am sure they will update us all as to how they went. Conditions underfoot must have been great but I am sure it was tough in the heat. They have been back once, I think we may see them again!