Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brendan Doherty- RIP

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorOct 23 2018, 10:12pmIMRA legend Brendan Doherty has passed away after a short illness. Sincere condolences to Gavin and the entire Doherty family at this very sad time. May he Rest In Peace
Laura FlynnOct 23 2018, 10:20pmVery sad to hear that news. May he Rest In Peace.
Rachel CinnsealachOct 23 2018, 10:27pmI am so sad to hear this. Brendan was a friend and a true gentleman. He helped me out with my race and the Shamrock, he was so generous with his time and generous by nature. Another huge loss in the IMRA community.
Gareth LittleOct 23 2018, 10:32pmThat’s incredibley sad news. My condolences to the family.
Andrew HanneyOct 23 2018, 10:39pmVery sorry to see this, deepest sympathies to Gavan and all of the Doherty family, my thoughts are with you at this sad time. May he Rest In Peace.
Pól Ó MurchúOct 24 2018, 12:34amSuch sad news. Such a kind and friendly soul! RIP. Condolences to Gavin and the rest of his family & friends.
Richard NunanOct 24 2018, 9:04amVery Sad news, a gent and a scholar, always with sound advice. May he rest in peace. Condolences to his Wife, Gavin and all the family.
Mike JordanOct 24 2018, 9:40amBrendan was such a friendly, interesting gent. Very sad news to hear. My condolences to Gavan and the family and all his friends. RIP.
Stuart ScottOct 24 2018, 9:56amVery sorry to hear about Brendan. Another IMRA legend gone! Gavan and family, I hope you're managing ok. Brendan was an ever-present face throughout the orienteering and IMRA communities and his personality embodied just what those organisations are about. He'll be sorely missed.
Henny BrandsmaOct 24 2018, 11:56amVery sad news to hear of the passing of Brendan,a true gentleman and great running friend,my heartfelt condolences to Gavin and the Doherty family,
may he rest in peace.
Jim FitzharrisOct 24 2018, 12:50pmThis is sad news indeed. He was truly one of Nature's gentlemen and any IMRA event he attended was enlivened by his cheery presence and bonhomie. Sincere condolences to Gavan and family. RIP.
Mike LongOct 24 2018, 1:48pmReally saddened to hear this news Hard to believe Brendan's positive and cheerful presence will be missing from IMRA races Condolences to Gavin and family
Andrew ButterfieldOct 24 2018, 3:17pmVery sad to hear this news - Brendan was always friendly and helpful, and a pleasure to be with. He'll be sorely missed, not just by IMRA but also the Irish orienteering community. My condolences to Gavin and all the Doherty family.
Mike JordanOct 24 2018, 4:39pmFuneral arrangements: https://rip.ie/death-notice/brendan-doherty-monkstown-dublin/368779
Caitlin BentOct 24 2018, 8:18pmSuch a blow to hear the news of Brendan Doherty's death. He touched everybody in Mountain running & Orienteering circles with his warmth and wit: always cheerful and helpful. Condolences from Joe & myself to Gavan & Santina, Norín & family.
John FitzgeraldOct 24 2018, 8:37pmBrendan was a wonderful man.He always had a calming effect
on everyone around him.Gone from our sight but never from
our heart.May your gentle soul rest in peace.
Ray LinnOct 24 2018, 10:03pmVery sad news indeed. One of the best - an absolute gentleman. Sincere condolences to Gavin and all the family
Martin BagnallOct 24 2018, 10:38pmVery sad news. He'll be missed on the mountains. Condolences to Gavan and the rest of the Doherty family.
Gerry BradyOct 24 2018, 11:05pmCondolences to Gavan, Noirin, and the Doherty family. Brendan gave me great encouragement when I started and I remember him anchoring our winning relay team in 1992 on Bray Head after he took the baton from Gavin.
Gordon DouglasOct 25 2018, 3:22pmI have known Brendan Doherty for as long as I have been a member of IMRA, probably since my very first ever foray into the world of mountain running back in 1989/90 period.
IMRA is much richer organisation for having such a noble, gracious and sympathetic gentleman within its ranks.He will be sadly missed by all; and my condolences to Gavin and all his immediate family.
Gordon DouglasOct 25 2018, 3:22pmI have known Brendan Doherty for as long as I have been a member of IMRA, probably since my very first ever foray into the world of mountain running back in 1989/90 period.
IMRA is much richer organisation for having such a noble, gracious and sympathetic gentleman within its ranks.He will be sadly missed by all; and my condolences to Gavin and all his immediate family.
Doug CorrieOct 25 2018, 8:43pmAlways a shock when a prominent member of the IMRA/ Orienteering family goes. Like everyone else I have nothing but fond memories of Brendan. Sincere condolences to all of his family.
Jean O'NeillOct 25 2018, 11:05pmVery sad news. Brendan was an amazing stalwart of IMRA. We ducked and dived with each other on the hills more often than I can remember. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to Noreen, Gavan and family.
Jean O'NeillOct 25 2018, 11:05pmVery sad news. Brendan was an amazing stalwart of IMRA. We ducked and dived with each other on the hills more often than I can remember. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to Noreen, Gavan and family.
John BellOct 26 2018, 8:24amVery sad to hear the news about Brendan. He was a gent and always had a smile while out on the hills. Condolences to the Doherty family.
Mary CollinsOct 27 2018, 3:04pmvery sorry and shocked to hear of recent loss of Brendan, Sincere sympathy to Gavin and all the Doherty family. Such a kind, delightful and gentle man. May he be at rest and peace. Mary Collins