Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dublin Mountains consultation workshop on Tuesday 8th January

AuthorDateMessage
Robert McEvoyJan 7 2019, 12:38pmSpotted this on the Irish Orienteering forum, might be of interest to Dublin-based IMRA members:

http://www.orienteering.ie/forums?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=981&guid=2965#postid-2965

Orienteering Forum
11:57 (38 minutes ago)
to Orienteering

Posted By: johnmccullough
Date: January 7, 2019, 11:57
I just heard about this today. It might be important for Leinster-based clubs. It's on tomorrow evening.

Louise Browne Associates has been commissioned by the Dublin Mountains Partnership to review its strategy and develop a new strategic plan for the next five years. The Dublin Mountains Partnership, which was set up in 2008, comprises Coillte, Dublin City Council, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, South Dublin County Council, National Parks and Wildlife Service, the Dublin Mountains Initiative - an umbrella group representing the recreation users of the Dublin Mountains - and, more recently, Fáilte Ireland. The aim of the Partnership is to take an integrated and sustainable approach to improving the recreational experience of users of the Dublin Mountains whilst taking the needs of those who work and live in this area of significant scenic and high conservation value into account.

As Louise Browne Associates are very keen to get views on how the Dublin Mountains are used, enjoyed and managed, anyone with an interest in recreation in the Dublin Mountains is invited to attend a workshop which will be facilitated by Louise Browne. The workshop will take place at 7pm on Tuesday 8th January 2019 in the Larch Hill Scout Centre. The workshop has been arranged by Mountaineering Ireland and the Dublin Mountains Initiative.
If you'd like to be involved, please confirm your attendance to louise@louisebrowneassociates.com or call her on 0044 7411081000.
Jim FitzharrisJan 7 2019, 8:21pmHi Rob,

Thanks for your message.

I am the IMRA representative on the DMI (Dublin Mountain Initiative) which in turn feeds into the Dublin Mountain Partnership whose role is as outlined in your post.

The DMI has representatives from various bodies covering recreational users in the Dublin Mountains (runners, orienteers, hikers, mountain bikers, etc.).

I will be attending this forum on behalf of IMRA and I alerted the Committee about it some time back in case they wished to send other people along as well.

It is certainly open to anyone but please notify Louise Browne as per the notification.

Cheers,

Jim.