Irish Mountain
Running Association

Reg. Sign-in, Voucher collection & Chip Timing

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganApr 30 2019, 7:05amMorning all,

A msg from the Gestapo coming up :)

With the last of the Trail League events on tomorrow at Downshill and ahead of the Leinster League, I am on with a reminder for all runners.

As we all know - the IMRA race day reg. system is simple and very user friendly if everyone does their bit to help us keep things moving on race day. At any given race, once an RD opens their reg. area - Everyone must sign their name with their correct bib No. so we can read the same. You present at one of the two desks to sign-in to race - either at the voucher punch desk OR at the pre-reg. (€7 on-line payment) desk.

Reminder - Nobody ever, ever signs-in for someone else. For anyone who does not sign-in at either of the reg. desks before a race and decides to run anyway - they will not get a race result race. No quibbles here - none of us should have to spend time trying to tidy up a wrap sheet before prize giving or days after a race. And - if the Laptop operator hits a query runner by the finish line, you make a note of the query bib No. Our Results & Records Secretary will deal with the issue against the sign-in sheets. Query bib entries are causing extra work when the same need not be the case for anyone.

On the supply of €50 Voucher card collections - These vouchers are collected at the voucher desk on race day. You need to have your purchase confirmation ready to show proof of your purchase. The desk help ppl will tick your name off against the given listing. Any issues here, a note can be taken and Committee will follow if need be.

After every race, ALL RD's go on-line to match the tick box system from their race day pages to ensure we keep on top of all voucher handouts from every race. All RD's hold on to their hard copy voucher listing to pass on to any Committee member at the next race. I can't stress enough the importance of the voucher handout process - Committee and all RD's are responsible for this aspect of members money. We can only be as good dealing with this element of IMRA when we work together and follow the simple process as outlined above.

One final thing - Chip Timing - At any race where the chip timing setup is in use - All runners need to ensure they have a chip tag on their shoe. When you sign-in at registration, as a matter of course, you follow on to the chip helpers desk and collect your chip tag for 2019. At Devils Glen last week, a good number of runners had no chip which meant the chip timing was rendered useless for that race.

If you cannot find the chip desk, you ask what's the score before gun time. While Committee continue to finalise all things chip system wise, we need for everyone to do their best to help us here. For all RD's - You are best checking in advance with Conor O'Farell or myself to be sure of the plan on chip timing for your event. Please do same well in advance to allow us time to figure a plan.

And that all for now folks - let's hope the LL series runs issue free. Advance thanks for your cooperation with the above everyone.

Lillian
Diarmuid O'ColmainMay 3 2019, 5:29pmLost my chip. How can I replace it?
Lillian DeeganMay 3 2019, 7:48pm.
Great query Diarmuid, thanks.

The story here would be the shop will have a chip replacement option. Same as for anyone who needs to replace their race bib No. - You will be able to pay x amt. on-line for a new chip tag. You will bring your purchase proof to your next race and collect.

I'll remind our webmaster to pop in the purchase options when he has a free minute.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganMay 10 2019, 11:28am.
Our webmaster has added purchase options for anyone who may need to get a replacement race bib number or a replacement chip tag. The cost to replace either of these two items is €5. You can buy either, if needed, on-line OR use your voucher card for a punch to cover the charge at any given race. If you buy on-line, please have your purchase confirmation to show on race day to collect either replacement item.

For anyone who has not collected their 2019 race No. and chip tag - you will get both at the 1st race you run without needing to prepay any extras.

Thanks everyone
Lillian