Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters 2019

AuthorDateMessage
Tom BlackburnMay 19 2019, 8:08pmHi lads, The world Masters is being held in Italy this September. I am looking to know who is interested in traveling this year. This is a great event and we always bring home some prizes. All you have to do to qualify is to be over 35, it is 3 athletes per team and even if you don't think that you will score on the national team you can still enter and run. Some of these events are great fun and held in fabulous locations so book a few extra days and see the sights.
If you are interested please let me know and send on your size if you need shorts and a singlet. These are limited so let me know as soon as possible.If you have any questions please respond. Thank you.
Robert MalseedMay 19 2019, 8:24pmI have already put in my entry, booked flights and accommodation.
Brian McGuckinMay 19 2019, 9:44pmI'll be heading over too, M50 this year.
Ian ConroyMay 20 2019, 12:41amNext payday I'll be booking flights and the rest. I'm a small Brian. Back to Italy where all the gold is!
Tom BlackburnMay 20 2019, 8:54amWhat are the best routes to get there, Brendisi is only 100k from the race, but there are no direct flights.
If you know a good route let us know please.
Robert CunninghamMay 20 2019, 1:36pmTom I'm just going to fly Ryanair Dublin to Bari, hire a car and drive to Gagliano del Capo. 3 hour drive down the coast. Looks the cheapest option.
I also have an apartment booked that sleeps 6.
Flying out early Friday morning back late Monday night.
Bill BarryMay 20 2019, 1:59pmI’m interested. What exactly do I have to do to qualify? Would love the opportunity to wear the Irish bib. What are the entry costs?
Robert CunninghamMay 21 2019, 2:47pmAll the information Registration ect.can be found here. https://www.atleticacapodileuca.com/home-mondiale
Gillian WassonMay 24 2019, 10:48amI've done the World Masters 3 times now and it's brilliant - I can highly recommend it! I have my flights and accommodation booked. There are 3 of us coming from NI and running for Ireland. We are flying Belfast to London and then London to Brindisi which seems to be about 1-1.5hrs from the event location.
I already have a vest and shorts from previous years but would it be possible to get them for the other two guys? Probably medium for them both. Our details are:
Gillian Wasson F40
Mark Alexander M45
Tim Lowry M45
Robert MalseedMay 24 2019, 2:50pmLooks like we have a good strong M45 team
Tom BlackburnMay 27 2019, 9:56amIt would be great to fill out the rest of the teams. So please encourage others to run, the more the merrier.
Tom BlackburnMay 27 2019, 9:56amIt would be great to fill out the rest of the teams. So please encourage others to run, the more the merrier.
Eugene McCannJun 3 2019, 2:59pmI'm entered in the v55, although I will be 59 and a bit.and at the back of the field.
Tom BlackburnJun 4 2019, 2:52pmHi Lads, anyone who hasn't emailed me directly can you please put your info up so we can organize gear ( Joe Blogs Medium Vest and medium shorts).
The age categories are filling up and it is great to see such interest. If you haven't already added your name please add asap, thank you.
Robert MalseedJun 4 2019, 3:29pmHi Tom, what is your email address?
Becky QuinnJun 4 2019, 8:51pmHi Tom, I plan to head over, always a good weekend away. Probably add on a few days to see a bit of the area too. So that's two for the F40 team so far I think.
Anthony CornforthJun 4 2019, 9:29pmHi Tom, Planning to join you:-
Anthony Cornforth M55
medium/ large shorts and vest.
Martin McDonaldJun 8 2019, 11:07pmHi Tom. I hope to make it.
Martin Mc Donald M60, medium.
Eugene McCannJun 12 2019, 2:28pmHi Tom,I have the 2016 new balance vest and shorts, I presume that's still the current kit.
Paulette ThomsonJun 12 2019, 5:27pmHi Tom I’m heading over with Eugene and have entered F45. I would be looking a small singlet and shorts if possible
Robert MalseedJun 12 2019, 5:50pmI will need a singlet and shorts both small or medium if available
Brian McGuckinJun 12 2019, 10:05pmHi Tom, small singlet and shorts if you can get them,
Thanks.
Tom BlackburnJun 17 2019, 3:17pmHi Lads, finally booked flights last night. We are flying from Dublin to Milan and then to Brendisi on the 25 th we have hired a car so if you are on this flight and need a lift we can sort you out. Well two people anyway.
John MollohanJun 17 2019, 9:10pmHi Tom, I think Im going to give it a whirl! I think Im a medium in shorts and singlet. I'll jump in with you for the car journey if you still have space. What flights are you on? Can you buzz me and we'll work out the logistics. My number is zero eight seven - one four five and then all six's.Thanks
Gary FlanneryJun 25 2019, 10:07amHi Tom, I'd love to take part if still possible - I've just got confirmation of leave from work. I'm a Small in gear if possible.

Gary Flannery Small Shorts & Vest
niall mcgeorgeJun 30 2019, 5:11pmHi Tom, I'm going also. M35, small singlet and shorts if possible. Thanks
Jenny Uí ShéJun 30 2019, 5:17pmHi Tom myself Jenny Ui She and Imogen McGuinness are
Coming to the masters! I’m f45 and she is f40.
We would both need a medium singlet and shorts.
I might get away with a small singlet
If you short of them.
Thanks a million! Looking forward to it.
We have booked flights and just need to register
Now.
Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéJun 30 2019, 5:43pmPs do you know does
Imogen have to be a member
Of athletics ireland
Or is imra membership enough?
Thanks
Tom BlackburnJul 10 2019, 10:01amA couple of people have asked me if you have a passport from another country can you run for Ireland. I don't know, I do know that you need your passport when collecting your number. It may be a problem then but it doesn't matter who you run for enjoy the event is what I would say.
If anyone knows the rule please let us know.
Gerry BradyJul 10 2019, 11:26pmhttp://wmra.ch/files/regulations/iycregulations.pdf

WMRA Members shall be represented only by Citizen of the Country (or Territory) which the affiliated Member represents, in accordance with the terms of the IAAF Constitution.
Zoe MellingJul 11 2019, 10:01amHi all
I am running in the F45 category. Great to see that we will have a team! I would love a new singlet and shorts if available as the gear I already have is in an attic somewhere - not sure which one! I have booked flights and am arriving into Bari at 12.25 on Friday 27th. If anyone would like to share transport and/or accommodation let me know. I plan to stay until Monday then do some exploring before flying out of Rome on 6th October.
Jenny Uí ShéJul 19 2019, 5:20pmHi Zoe Jenny here. Imogen McGuinness
And I are heading over to Italy.
Here’s my number if you want to give me
A call to chat about travel plans
Etc. 0872799049.
Laura FlynnJul 19 2019, 6:43pmI’m thinking about going too...do we have an F50 team?
Michael KellyJul 23 2019, 11:13amTom
Mick kelly here
Going to give the world masters a go on sept 29
Size of vest and shorts medium Tom
I will get 3 irish races done in the 8 weeks leading up
To italy
Thanks Tom
Mick.
Michael KellyJul 23 2019, 11:14amTom
Mick kelly here
Going to give the world masters a go on sept 29
Size of vest and shorts medium Tom
I will get 3 irish races done in the 8 weeks leading up
To italy
Thanks Tom
Mick.
Gillian WassonJul 24 2019, 4:42pmHi Jenny,
That's good to hear there is another F40 entered. I'm not sure if it is 2 or 3 to count this year?
I think they have been fairly strict about passports recently.
We have put our entries in and have travel arrangements made. Tom - do I need to contact you directly about kit? Could you let me know your email address? Mine is gillian.wasson@googlemail.com.
Thanks,
Gillian
Gillian WassonJul 24 2019, 4:42pmHi Jenny,
That's good to hear there is another F40 entered. I'm not sure if it is 2 or 3 to count this year?
I think they have been fairly strict about passports recently.
We have put our entries in and have travel arrangements made. Tom - do I need to contact you directly about kit? Could you let me know your email address? Mine is gillian.wasson@googlemail.com.
Thanks,
Gillian
Jenny Uí ShéJul 24 2019, 5:11pmHi Gillian I am f45 but Imogen
Mcguinnes who is going to is f40
. O to be young again!!
Jenny
Anthony CornforthJul 29 2019, 10:15amAfter a few emails back and forth, just heard from the WMRA delegate that there is no problem me running for Irish team though still travelling on UK passport, so happy days
Debbie McCarthyAug 5 2019, 8:22pmHi All. Helen & myself have decided to head out with the Irish team to Italy after all! We are flying into Bari on Fri 27th & back Mon 30th. Are others travelling that route/those dates? We are trying to organise transfers from Bari to resort. We would be willing to share car hire with others. Is Santa Maria Di Leuca the best place to stay? Would be nice to stay near others travelling from Ireland, we haven't booked accommodation yet.
Gary FlanneryAug 6 2019, 12:00pmHi guys, is there any other M35's registered? I've registered but unsure if there will be a team. If anyone has any info, I'm on 0874475665. Thanks.
Tom BlackburnAug 7 2019, 9:06amHi My email address is tomblackburn@gmail.com.
It would be great if everyone who needs gear could email me their details and I will see how much we can get.

If you have Irish gear from a previous year it would be great if you could use that as I would like to get stuff for as many new people as possible.
Jenny Uí ShéAug 8 2019, 4:47pmHi Tom I emailed the mail you
Gave and someone
Texted back to say
I must have the wrong email.
Can you confirm your email address or
Give me your number instead please?
Thanks Jenny
Tom BlackburnAug 9 2019, 11:31amSorry lads my email address is tomblackburn1@gmail.com.
I never checked it and the 1 was missing.
Damien McDonnellAug 22 2019, 6:08pmHi all, I am traveling over this year too, have entered flights booked, am leaving on 26th 7.50 flight bu8jny Dublin to Brindisi arrive at 5pm, Don't have accommodation booked yet or travel from airport to Gagliano if anyone is on the same FL get and would to share with car or accommodation can contact me on 0871333515
Martin McDonaldSep 9 2019, 12:03pmwww.cronogare.it/en-wmmrc-list-of-registrations/
Tom BlackburnSep 12 2019, 10:01amHi Lads,here is a list of the gear we have, if any of this will fit you let me know by email and I put your name on it.
Navy shorts xsw=8, sm=1.
Green shorts xsw=3.
Singlets xsw=8.
Track suit pants green xs=1,m=1,l=3.s=13.
Navy pants xs=2, s=1.
Track suit tops l=6.
Lady's nickers shorts xs=1, m= 1.
That's all that was left at national, if you want a singlet we can print some up but they will cost about 15 Euro each.please get back to me as soon as possible as time is running out.
Tom BlackburnSep 12 2019, 9:23pmWe are trying to get an item purchase set up on the imra website so you can pay for singlets. I will update when I get it set up.
Tom BlackburnSep 12 2019, 9:23pmWe are trying to get an item purchase set up on the imra website so you can pay for singlets. I will update when I get it set up.
Tom BlackburnSep 13 2019, 5:17pmHi lads, I have the details of the singlets sent on to the webmaster, so I am sure when he gets a chance he will put it up.
Unfortunately I the singlets are coming to 18 euro each but you have until Monday at noon to order and pay for them. We will have to organize pick up so I suggest you send me on your phone numbers and I will set up a what's app group to speed things up.
Thanks for your patience my number is 0876994976.
Tom BlackburnOct 9 2019, 8:49amHi Lads, just a brief word to thank all who traveled to Italy this year.
We punched way above our weight and brought home a few medals.
I hope you all enjoyed your time in Italy and are looking forward to next year in Austria.
Anyone who ordered a singlet and have not collected it I will have them at the Munster A.G.M. ok.