Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters Qualification

AuthorDateMessage
Paul MinogueMay 20 2019, 12:19pmHi, am I right in thinking that qualification for the World Masters happens at the same event as the regular World Qualification? Cheers.
Peter O'FarrellMay 20 2019, 1:25pmThe only required qualification is proof of age.

The world masters is open to anyone over the age of 35 who can organise themselves to get there. (southern Italy this September)

The scoring team will be taken from the first 3 runners home from a country, all eligible runners from that country are automatically included on the team.

As Tom says in the other thread ( https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/5250 ) it's an absolutely brilliant weekend away and a chance to wear an Ireland singlet in an international race.

Running the World Trail race is also open to anyone and is usually a good testing course held on relatively similar terrain to the expected worlds course.
Robert CunninghamMay 20 2019, 1:27pmPaul if your over 35 you qualify. Just Register is all.
Paul MinogueMay 21 2019, 8:10amAh cheers guys -- didn't know that was how it worked. I'm eligible age-wise, so I must give it a bit of thought now!