Irish Mountain
Running Association

Volunteering

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganJul 24 2019, 2:27pmHello everyone,

As we approach the end of the Leinster League season, the weekly race calendar slows down somewhat. At Committee, plans are well underway for the delivery of the End of Year and Core role prizes. As with 2018, members who have run any 10 races during the year and volunteered twice in a non-running capacity, will receive a prize. We will post a separate message in short with more detail on the End of Year prizes to include the Core prize awarding. In the meantime, feel free to review the 2019 Core role prize structure under "Core Volunteering prizes" from March 28th onwards for more detailed info.

For now, I am on with a reminder for all members - As IMRA is a volunteer lead association, one helper (non-running) role is good practice when you have run 10 races with IMRA. All IMRA event pages have a link to allow members offer varied kinds of help in advance of every race. I would ask that all members take a moment to review and reflect on their level of volunteering to date. This information is readily available on your my IMRA Profile.

For anyone new to the organisation and wondering where or how they can volunteer, you can find this information on - https://www.imra.ie/volunteering/

While a number of members help in a running volunteering capacity, no race could proceed without a greater number of non-running helpers. In recent years, in a bid to acknowledge the greater amount of time volunteers give, a change was made to running helpers and non-running helpers. Committee feel that change continues to be invaluable to our race directors.

Thanks to all volunteers for your contribution to date.

Committee