Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballyhoura Moonlight Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsOct 23 2019, 7:16pmIt’s back for 2020 !!

The Moonlight Marathon is open for registration. The event is Friday 10th Jan at the earlier time of 9pm , but we still have the nosh up from 1am onwards !

Showers, Irish Breakfast, Cozy Challenge Beanie, aid stations all included .

See you all then for a nice winter night adventure!!
Walsh RowanOct 23 2019, 10:18pmExcellent! Are we running opposite way this time?
John J BarryOct 24 2019, 7:51amRobbie,

I know it's a challenge and not a race but it would still be nice to have results to look through and proof of completing event. It was a big disappointment last year not having results.
Robbie WilliamsOct 24 2019, 3:35pmYes john

We will be doing our best to manually record

However , it is defo not a race but a completion challenge

Same direction !
Conor O'FarrellOct 25 2019, 2:40pmNot a race: https://i.imgur.com/yXW9myi.jpg ;-)
Mick HanneyOct 26 2019, 2:28pmSorry for the obvious question. Can we clarify why its deemed a challenge and not a race? There are tougher events on the calendar and they are deemed races, so just wondering. In the case of the Wicklow way race that's a significant amount of the race is in the dark - it starting at midnight.

I loved the event last year and like John said its great to be able to compare ones efforts with others. While you can try do it on strava you are only seeing a subset of the field.
Robbie WilliamsOct 27 2019, 8:21amHi Mick

Good question.

The reason is that we have a full calendar of races all year. This is one of the only events where runners can have more of a social side to it, that is friends can run together in groups and chat away and have a laugh without being split up based on speed ability. It’s the time of year also where people are just getting back into training or just getting out. We will be getting runners to sign themselves in on finishing this year so will have completion times for historical benefit.

Also, it severely limits the safety of the event by runners not racing flat out at night. As I said we have have a great full calendar coming up and if lads still want to race it I’m not going to stop them....as long as they know that there is the same prizes as those finishing at the back...a good night adventure and a nice hot brekkie!!

Hope to see ye all there !!!!

Robbie
Joe CollinsOct 29 2019, 9:20pmHi,

I'd really like to enter the 1/2 Marathon in January, but cant see a link to enter any where. Maybe I've missed it but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
Joe CollinsOct 29 2019, 9:21pmsorry posted in the wrong place