Irish Mountain
Running Association

Zegama

AuthorDateMessage
David PowerNov 18 2019, 1:31pmHola - has anyone ever done the Zegama in the Basque Country? I'm really keen to give it a go next May 2020. Looks epic and a nice part of the world. Entries open 14-Jan-20.
http://www.zegama-aizkorri.com/en/
David
Brian MullinsNov 18 2019, 8:53pmI’d say pick something else. It might be a great race but the lottery to enter is a cod and at this stage it’s been hyped to death by Salomon and other commercial vultures. Approx 11000 entrants for 250 places and some of that 250 is reserved for “elites”, locals and others who are deemed more worthy because they can sell stuff for their sponsors. Try Dolomites Skyrace, Livigno Skymarathon, Matterhorn Ultraks or even one of the more less well known Italian Skyraces and I will guarantee you will have more fun, a better race atmosphere overall and plenty crowds. I know Skyraces are a commercial branding orgy as well but at least mere mortals have a vague possibility of entry. My 5 cents based on running the above races and knowing the Zegama course without racing it.
Robbie WilliamsNov 19 2019, 5:50pmOr reeks Skyline in July !!