Irish Mountain
Running Association

Round movie screenings

AuthorDateMessage
Paddy O'LearyDec 11 2019, 4:09pmWe were over the moon with the interest to come watch our Irish premiere of "Coming Home - Ag Teacht Abhaile" at UCD Cinema. On top of the screening and a Q&A with myself and one of our Dooster Film duo, Dylan Ladds, the lucky people who got tickets for next Tuesday's premiere will also be treated to Wicklow Round panel discussion with three people central to the story of the Round:

Moire O'Sullivan - first finisher of the Wicklow Round
Gavin Byrne - current record holder for the men's Wicklow Round
Joe Lalor - cofounder of the Wicklow Round

This UCD screening wouldn't have been possible without support from UCD Orienteering club. Many of the lads from the club will be there on the night, so we're hoping the screening and discussion will be inspiration for some of these youngsters (and many of you) to give the Round a lash next year.

Due to the popular demand, we also managed to secure another booking at UCD on WEDNESDAY December 18th, and are lucky to have Paul Tierney joining to show his film, "Running the Wainwrights". Unfortunately, we could only secure the cinema from 8-10PM so will need to start screening at 8PM sharp, and the Q&A will have to be in the Student Bar afterwards (does that still exist?). Tickets are available here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-night-of-the-rounds-coming-home-running-the-wainwrights-tickets-85782841789

Then on Thursday December 19th, IMRA and the Munster Mountain Running Association presents both "Coming Home" and "Running the Wainwrights" at Cork Institute of Technology. Doors will open at 6PM, and we'll start the films at 6:30PM. We'll have a Q&A with Dylan, myself, Paul and director of Running the Wainwrights, Dave MacFarlane, after each film. We still have 15 tickets left for that showing:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-night-of-the-rounds-imra-film-night-with-paddy-oleary-paul-tierney-tickets-84240446443
Paddy O'LearyDec 11 2019, 5:55pmAnd by Wednesday 19th, I mean Wednesday December 18th
John CarneyDec 11 2019, 8:02pmIs december Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th the same show??
Paddy O'LearyDec 12 2019, 10:22amWednesday December 18th will just be a showing of the two films, but unfortunately we don't have the time for a panel or Q&A session, as we only have the cinema for 2 hours.

The Thursday December 19th show in Cork will be more thorough with a Q&A session after both films with Dylan, Dave, Paul and I.
John CarneyDec 12 2019, 10:54amThanks paddy for reply
I actually can't make cork night and booked tickets for dublin on wednesday instead. I live near limerick. If anyone wants two tickets for cork night I have two tickets going. Got them off eventbrite. If so my number is 0 eight seven 6 seven zero 8 three three 7. If people require same. If someone in another part of country wants same I can forward tickets by email also. I know great interest and want to make tickets available to whoever wants same.
Regards
John
John CarneyDec 16 2019, 10:41amAnyone need to tickets for cork show thursday..I have two spare. Shame to go to waste. I can email them onto first person to contact me..free xmas present. Suit any runner living in cork..regards. john c
0 eight seven 6 seven zero 8 three 3 seven
Tony BurkeDec 16 2019, 11:43amJohn,
I would be delighted to have the tickets please.

You can drop me a line on tony_burke_cardiff@msn.com and we can sort out logistics

Thx

Tony
Paddy O'LearyDec 17 2019, 1:39pmJohn, it'll be showing again at the Killarney Mountain Film Festival in March so hope you get a chance to see it then.
Paddy O'LearyDec 17 2019, 1:39pmJohn, it'll be showing again at the Killarney Mountain Film Festival in March so hope you get a chance to see it then.
John CondonDec 19 2019, 9:22amTwo fantastic movies and a lovely evening in UCD. Both pieces really got to the heart of mountain running, that being community and generosity. Well done lads.
Stuart ScottDec 19 2019, 2:28pmMany thanks Paddy and Paul for giving up your time and congratulations again on your achievements. Both films were an amazing showcase of the Irish and English hills and made for a very enjoyable evening!
Pól Ó MurchúDec 19 2019, 9:05pmGreat night last night at the cinema in UCD! Well done Paul and Paddy and many thanks for sharing with us your “journeys”. Good luck with touring the films. No doubt they will both do very well. Inspirational stuff!
Richard NunanDec 19 2019, 10:48pmA great evening and 2 movies that personify the fantastic community that is mountain running. Still gobsmacked by the amount of running legends that came out to support Paul Tierney!

Congrats to you both, and thanks again for organising the viewings and to UCD for hosting. As the lads have all said, inspirational stuff.