Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ireland Way

AuthorDateMessage
Graham MackenDec 20 2020, 7:56pmHi folks, just wondering if anyone knows how many people have ran the Ireland Way and what the record is.

Would IMRA or another body certify it as a course and as a record if that's not done already!! Not a whole lot about it online.

Hope all are well!

Cheers
Dave DochertyDec 21 2020, 10:24amDon Hannon did it a back n 2018 as far as I know.
Paul O BrienDec 22 2020, 3:57pmI don't know if it would be possible to keep a record of such a run really.
Just as a quick example, when Don did his run the Multeen Way in Tipperary was rerouted because of the wind farm development but is now changed back, also in Kilfinane area there were diversions because of forest works affecting Ballyhoura way.
I am in Tipperary area and in the Glen of Aherlow,again on the Ballyhoura way, right now they are harvesting the forestry in a few different places and this could affect the route. If you had to divert around these it would mess up any time/course you were taking on. Over the course of 1200km who knows how much the course could change.
You could just use Don's effort as a guide or something to work towards regarding tines/distances but that's about it I'd say really. Look up runningdonor.com or runningtheirelandway Facebook page. This is the only info online really. I'd say get a tracker to keep you honest, hit the road and enjoy it.