Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maurice Mullins Half

AuthorDateMessage
Patricia FlynnJun 1 2021, 2:52pmMentions sold out already. Checking this is the case?
Mick HanneyJun 1 2021, 4:13pmThe calendar is just published. The default position is probably 'sold out' until they are opened up for 2021 entries. Announcements will follow, probably on an event by event basis.
Alice ClancyJun 1 2021, 4:42pmHi there Patricia,
No entry details have been published for any of the races yet - keep an eye on the event page and the online shop for these. At the moment, if you click on the event page, the tab on the top rhs says 'no entry details yet'. If you scroll down to 'Entry Details', you'll see a note saying: "No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event".

As with last year, the event page will be updated closer to the race date - first it will first be updated with the date entries open in the tab on the top rhs of the event page, then on that date, the event status will change to 'Entries Open', and the 'Entry details' will be updated with link to shop. Once entries are open, you will be able to see the event in the online shop too. If all entries are purchased, the event status will then change to 'Sold out' on the event page.
I hope this clarifies things, it's exciting that races are back, just keep an eye on the event pages, and hopefully you'll be able to enter all the races you want to!
Patricia FlynnJun 1 2021, 5:03pmBrilliant thanks!
Jenny Uí ShéJun 2 2021, 3:57pmHI there , wondering is it possible to go on a naked warrior dance for this run? If not no problem!

Thanks
Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéJun 2 2021, 3:58pmthats weird !! I wrote on a naked warrior dance and naked warrior dance came up-
Strange!
Jenny Uí ShéJun 2 2021, 3:59pmtheres obviously a glitsch in the system!
Kevin O'RiordanJun 2 2021, 4:16pmHi Jenny, if you read Alice's post above, you'll see that entries for the event won't open until closer to the event.
Mark WilloughbyJun 15 2021, 9:40amHey, i was registered for last years Maurice Mullin half and due to restrictions wasn't able to race. I received a email that my entry would be carried forward to this years race, just checking that this will still be the case
Mick HanneyJun 15 2021, 9:50amNo carry forwards from last year. Refunds were offered.
Mick HanneyJun 15 2021, 9:52amThis event is not open for 'sale' yet. Details will be put online when we have them.
Mark WilloughbyJun 15 2021, 9:58amMick, that not what the email i received on 22nd October from Pol OMurchu says, it says my entry is automatically carried forward to this year
Gordon PlaceJun 15 2021, 10:00amHi Mick, I seem to recall an email saying that refunds were by request only and you did not need to reregister for missed races if you didn't take that offer. Maybe there was a later post or email changing that.
Mark WilloughbyJun 15 2021, 10:01amI think it's safe to say that we have been through a fairly turbulent year of racing (and not racing) over the last 10 months. Unfortunately as per Richard's message earlier this week, we regretfully have decided to call it a day on trying to deliver on any more race events for the remainder of the year. We are holding out hopes for the remembrance run at Christmas time, but as with everything else these days, that will be wholly dependent on the restrictions levels in place at that time.

In any case, we are looking forward with high hopes and crossed fingers for a better year next year! We will certainly be aiming to put on a good show in 2021 to have you all back up and racing again!

For any runners that:

1. Could not attend races they were registered for due to Covid 19 restrictions in place at the time of the race

OR

2. Were registered for a race that was either cancelled or rescheduled due to Covid 19 restrictions at the time of the event

you will automatically be entered into the same event in 2021.
Mark WilloughbyJun 15 2021, 10:01amextract from email received
Pól Ó MurchúJun 15 2021, 10:05amHi Mark (& Mick),
Registrations for last year who were unable to run due to restrictions that were in place were offered the choice of a refund or deferred entry. Those who did not avail of a refund will again be offered the choice of a refund or to automatically carry the entry over to this event. There are also a handful who requested refunds that have still not been processed as some people didn't come back to me with bank or card details to process the refund, these will also be contacted again and offered to either retain their place or get the refund processed.

I hope to get this organised in the coming week but it may be late next week before I get a mail out to all. I will post up here once the mail goes out asking those impacted to check their junk/spam folders as I think sometimes the talk of refunds and asking people to contact me with their bank details may in some cases be causing the mail to go into one of these folders.
Hope this helps.
Pól
Mark WilloughbyJun 15 2021, 10:08amThanks, i went for the deferral option that’s why I was checking with my first post
Mick HanneyJun 15 2021, 10:29amHi, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying Pol. Regards,
Mick
Christopher MurnaneJun 15 2021, 9:20pmThanks to all the organisers, it's not easy been easy and we appreciate all the time and effort you put in.
Colette MatthewsJun 16 2021, 6:22pmHi Mick & Pól, sorry to bother you again but just to clarify....I did not respond to last year's email as it said entry would automatically transfer. Will we be contacted with offer of carry over before entries open?
Huge thanks for getting things moving again.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 17 2021, 9:27amHi Collette,
I think this has been answered in the above post… “Those who did not avail of a refund will again be offered the choice of a refund or to automatically carry the entry over to this event. ” and “I hope to get this organised in the coming week but it may be late next week before I get a mail out to all.” so If you didn’t get a refund you either didn’t avail of the refund or are one of the few who I was unable to contact about the refund…hope that clarifies it. :-)
Gerry McGuinnessJun 17 2021, 10:43amGood morning,
First I would like to thank everyone for the great start to the season with the Belmont run.
In relation to transfer from last years Galtee half. I was restricted in participating due to Government Covid restrictions and sent a post to this regard. I was hoping that this would automatically enter me into this years event. Looking at the list of events it appears it's not happening. Can I be transferred to the Maurice Mullin half or full.
If this is over complicating things, just absorbed my Glatee fee into the general funds.
Thanks Gerry.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 19 2021, 7:59amAn email has gone out this morning to anyone with a deferred entry to this race. Please check your spam/junk or whatever other folders you may have to check if you have received. I have had 3 bounced mails so can you also check you have correct email address in your IMRA profile. If you still haven’t received can you pop me an email and I will forward on again. Email address is on committee page at the bottom here.
Noel BarronJul 26 2021, 10:00pmHi, just wondering when will we know if there are spaces are going to be available for this?
Mick HanneyJul 27 2021, 10:21amHi Noel, I don't have an update today, but I'll endeavour to update as soon as possible. Cheers, Mick
Mick HanneyAug 5 2021, 7:58pmWe'll update over the weekend, after races in Connaught.
Note in advance: The bulk of entries will already be accounted for from deferrals from last year and then we'll open up entries to new runners up to an agreed cap.
Mick HanneyAug 6 2021, 11:32amHave renamed event to Wicklow Way Half.
This distinguishes it as a separate event, which it is, from the Maurice Mullins Ultra.
When booking opens up made sure you book the right race.
Aubrey O'NeillAug 8 2021, 12:30pmBig Question - will there still be a mug!?
Mick HanneyAug 8 2021, 6:55pmI have asked the powers that be to open the race for entries tomorrow.
Most of the entries are already allocated from deferrals from last year. If you were deferred you should have been notified as such by Pol.

Re: the prize, expect an update on that soon.
Mick HanneyAug 8 2021, 9:08pmAs Race Director I can see Entries (from deferrals from last year), so runners who deferred should similarly see they are entered.

For others who are interested in entering, entries will open in the morning up to a cap.

Exact prize being worked on but for this race it won't be a mug I'm afraid due to time constraints. We hope to have a suitable unique alternative. More in due course.
Pól Ó MurchúAug 9 2021, 12:20pmJust to clear up a few queries on this. If you didn't request a refund or indicate that you didn't wish to run the event this year and had a deferred entry from last year you are in. There was no mail confirming entries sent as the original mail asked you to confirm you wanted an entry or not. Assuming you followed the instructions then you have an entry...in fact even if you didn't complete the form the default option was a deferred entry as indicated when race entries were rescheduled/ deferred last year. I didn't feel this needed confirming but...

You will know you are entered in a number of ways when you are logged in as it won't be available to purchase either on the event page or in the shop and on the real giveaway here is on the event page it will say "You are entered"...

This won't appear in your purchase history as only the original payment will show, this being confirmation of your payment/purchase. You haven't "purchased" an entry at this time so you will not have a record of a second payment, just the original payment.

Hope that answers the majority of queries coming through here and via email...refunds where requested as instructed in mail sent to all previous entrants will be processed shortly.

Please note the deadline for requesting refunds has passed at this stage and the event is now treated as any IMRA event, so if you unable to run for whatever reason unfortunately there will be no refund/transfers allowed, unless you opted for a refund within the given time frame as previously advised.
Pól Ó MurchúAug 9 2021, 12:53pmSorry forgot one more very important thing regarding the deferred entries. You will require 2021 Membership to run. You can purchase this in the normal way - "Membership/Shop/Online Entries". It is a requirement of all IMRA races that you are a current member to run an event and a requirement for our insurance, permits etc.
Kieran FalveyAug 10 2021, 3:09pmHi there,
The Global Pay system is not working. I have tried multiple times with multiple cards and it fails every time, any advice?
Regards,
Kieran
Conor O'FarrellAug 10 2021, 3:31pmHi Kieran
Generally, one of 2 things is wrong here:
1. The phone number must be in the correct format: 353|871234567. Note that the "|" character after the "353", is not a number or letter, but the "pipe" symbol. It is normally found to the left of the "Z" key, while holding down shift, on a regular keyboard. I can't comment on the phone, because it is different on most phones.
2. Make sure your banking app on your phone is up to date. I think this was the problem I had when I got the error.

Note: Keep an eye out when autocompleting any boxes. I have seen it change the phone number after I have corrected it due to auto-complete, assuming I was only working on the address box.

I hope this helps.
Con
Kieran FalveyAug 10 2021, 4:15pmHi Conor,
Thanks for information, that worked and payment has gone through.
Regards,
Kieran
Mick HanneyAug 10 2021, 9:46pmThe prize for those that finish this race will be an unique IMRA buff. Cropped design pic in photos. Should make a nice memento of the event. Done with support of eastwestmapping who make great maps. Look them up for the forthcoming Nav events.
Andrew HanneyAug 10 2021, 9:54pmWearable maps, you heard it here first. Genius.
Mick HanneyAug 16 2021, 2:11pmHi,
As we get nearer this race, some more volunteers would be welcome. I particularly need first aid and a laptop operator / laptop deputy operator.
Thanks.
Mick
Enda MaguireAug 16 2021, 3:18pmIs there an issue with the online payments? I keep hitting a 101 failure when i try submit my payment!
anyone else having the same issue?
Gordon PlaceAug 16 2021, 4:10pmHi Enda, there's a few posts above explaining what to do
Enda MaguireAug 16 2021, 8:18pmthanks @Gordon Place - Got sorted!
Mick HanneyAug 17 2021, 12:16pmHi,

I have emailed those entrants who do not have a 2021 registration with IMRA. It is important those people register with IMRA so they are allocated a race no. for the current year.

To everyone , thanks for your entry and I'll update further as we get near race day.

Regards,

Mick
Margaret DesmondAug 17 2021, 12:41pmHi All,
I hope everyone is having a great day! If a ticket comes available for the half-marathon, I would be interested in taking part. Well done to all who have signed up for the ultra!

Thanks,

Mags
Mick HanneyAug 21 2021, 5:22pmThanks to those who have confirmed they intend to register or cannot take part in this years race, following deferral from last year.

There is still a significant no. of entrants who I haven't heard from, who are not registered to run in 2021 with IMRA. An entry without a registration for 2021 is not valid, as there is no. race number allocated nor are you covered by our insurance. If you have an entry and haven't yet registered for 2021 please do so.

Entries are still possible if there are people out there still interested.
Mick HanneyAug 21 2021, 5:24pmHi,

Thanks to the volunteers who have signed up so far.
I need a First Aider and a Laptop operator please.

Thanks.

Mick
Conor O'FarrellAug 21 2021, 6:22pmOf anyone wants to do laptop operator for this, I can give you a full training session on using it. It is not overly complex and the user interface is very intuitive. Drop me an email at conor <dot> ofarrell <at> imra <dot> ie.

Con
Shane O'MalleyAug 21 2021, 6:43pmI will put my name down for the laptop conor.
Mick HanneyAug 21 2021, 6:55pmThanks guys.
Mick HanneyAug 22 2021, 12:56pmHi,

This morning I recced the car park we'll use next week for the race.

The good news is since last year they have improved the Wicklow way marking on the new stretch of the Wicklow way that we use.

Also, there is a mobile coffee shop in operation in the car park at weekends, which is great for participants and the hardy volunteers who will need copious amounts of caffeine throughout the morning.

There is a couple of portaloos there too.

We will park in the 'far' half of the car park. Leave the near half of the car park to others.

Regards,

Mick
Mick HanneyAug 22 2021, 1:25pmMap added to show car park (Start / Finish) location adjacent to Pier Gates.
Mick HanneyAug 22 2021, 1:28pmHi,

Would one of my race volunteers be in a position to base themselves at Crone wood, which will be the turnaround location for the out and back?

Figure we will try to offer water for runners at the turnaround, those that need it that is. This is not guaranteed and runners are advised to be self-sufficient. If there is water runners should have their own cup/bottle to take on water. Thanks.

Regards,

Mick
Enda CloakeAug 22 2021, 7:51pmMick,
Im happy enough to head to Crone Wood. Will I meet you there the morning of?
Mick HanneyAug 22 2021, 9:26pm@Enda - thanks for that. I'll be in touch during the week.
Roelie SmitAug 23 2021, 9:07amIs there a fee for parking at the gate?
Roelie SmitAug 23 2021, 9:08amfee to be paid at the gate - not parking at the gate
Mick HanneyAug 23 2021, 9:43amUse of Car Park at Pier Gates is Free of Charge.
Mick HanneyAug 23 2021, 9:56amTimetable for Sunday 29 August, 2021:
</p>
8am Car park at Pier Gates to open for race registration set-up.
8.15am Registration for early starters. Please allow early starters to register first, as they will be first away in the race.
8.45am Registration for main race starters
8.55am Race briefing for early starters
9.00am Early start
9.20am Race registration closes
9.25am Race briefing for main race starters
9.30am Main race start
Mick HanneyAug 24 2021, 5:00pmHi,
I have emailed race information to entrants. Pasted here, just in case people don't have access to the recorded email address.

Early Starts:
** Early start is normally reserved for runners who are slower than 160% of a normal race winners time. Majority of reasonably paced runners should avail of normal start. The race director reserves the right to adjust the finishing time of an early starter to 160% of overall race winner. Early starters cannot win race prizes.

Race registration:
NB: Only runners who are registered with IMRA for 2021 are permitted to run the race. Registration will allocate a race no. and provides for limited insurance.

Mandatory kit:
A jacket must be worn or carried by competitors. Failure to do so can result in a DNF. Runners should have their race no. on display – pinned on their vest. Volunteers should be able to see a runner’s race no. especially at the finish line.

Optional, but advised:
A mobile phone, water, food.

Chip Timing:
IMRA use Chip timing. If you have ran already in 2021 you should have been issued a chip registered to your race no. If this is your first race you will be allocated a chip no. at registration. If you ran in a previous year and have a chip, it can be re-allocated to your 2021 race no. The chip should be tied to your runner for best timing results. Chips carried elsewhere on your person are not guaranteed to record. As part of the registration process, on the day, your race chip will be scanned. So please bring your chip to the registration desk.

The route:
Starting at the car park at Pier gates the route travels north on the Wicklow way, following the Yellow WW markers, as far as Crone wood. The turnaround point is the forest barrier in Crone wood. From there, runners return the same way they came to the Pier Gates car park and finish line. The route is a mainly trail – it is a mix of forest trail, boardwalk and single track e.g. around Djouce. As it can be slippy in places, trail runners with grip are advised. Please follow the waymarked trail. No short-cuts permitted e.g. on the switchbacks above Crone wood.

Safety:
Our race is held on a public trail. Don’t assume priority. Be courteous to other users of the trails. The Wicklow way can be busy with walkers.

Race results:
Race results will be posted on the IMRA website as soon as possible after races. Usually this is within the day of the event. This is dependent on volunteers, so please be patient with us.

If you need to drop out during the race:
Once you are registered on the day for the race, if you have to withdraw from the race e.g. due to injury, please inform the race director. We need to account for every runner at the finish line, whether runners finish or not. The phone no. on the back of your IMRA race no. will connect to the race director’s phone. If you need to contact the race director please ring, do not text. The First aid officer, and first aid kit, will be at the start/finish location.

Self-sufficiency:
Runners are expected to carry with them whatever they would need to be self-sufficient for a race of this distance. Every runner is different, and some runners will be comfortable running a half marathon without additional food/water. In general, some water and food is advised (optional).

Aid station. We hope to have a volunteer stationed at the turnaround point at Crone wood to provide water for runners. Runners must provide their own bottle / cup.

Leave no trace:
Runners are requested to refrain from leaving any rubbish on the mountain. Wrappers, gel packets etc can be kept in pockets and disposed of responsibly afterwards. Thank you.

Finisher prize:
Runners who finish the event will have a choice of a Mug (from Craanmor Pottery) or a buff which was designed to show the race route on a map by EastWestMapping.

Race prizes:
The first 3 men and women will receive prizes. There are no age group prizes.
The prizes will be given out at the finish line when these runners cross the line.

Car park:
Opening time. 8am
Use of car park is free.
A mobile coffee van, Bru Coffee, will be on-site to provide tea/coffee/etc.
There are a couple of portaloos.
Closing time. Car park at Pier Gates closes at 6pm. IMRA are not responsible for any belongings left in cars.
Mick HanneyAug 25 2021, 7:54pmThanks to the deferred entrants from 2020 who have responded to my email.

I have sent a final email to those deferred entrants who still have not registered for 2021, that if they intend running on Sunday, they need to register. I don't want any entrants for the race to be disappointed.

Entries are still open - thanks to all those that have entered, looking forward to a great event.
Mick HanneyAug 26 2021, 9:52amAs the shop closes soon for the race, I will have a finalised list of runners. Only runners on that list can run on the day. No transfers allowed.
Brian FureyAug 26 2021, 5:45pmMick I'm available to Marshall or whatever if you need extra volunteer
Mick HanneyAug 26 2021, 7:37pm@Brian - we should be ok at the start/finish.

If you like you could join Enda at the Crone turnaround, so its not a solo task. He'll be there c. 10.15. Completely up to you.
Brian FureyAug 26 2021, 10:56pmSure I'll do that then Mick. Crone 10.15
Brian WynneAug 27 2021, 9:51amHi, would anyone be passing through or near Shankill to the run on Sunday that I could get a lift with?? The clutch in my car has gone! I'm a mid to back of pack runner and happy to go early or wait around as required. I'm fully vaccinated and would wear a mask. You can get me on wassap at zero eight five 166 five five 76. Thanks, Brian
Mick HanneyAug 27 2021, 11:10amHi all

The forecast for Sunday is to be on the warm side, so advice would be to carry some water with you. We will have a limited supply of water at the turnaround point.

Regards,

Mick
Mick HanneyAug 27 2021, 5:38pmHi, Can anyone assist Brian Wynne?

Thanks to those that have volunteered. I have enough people now. I'll allocate roles on the morning. See you just after 8 when car park opens.
Brian WynneAug 27 2021, 6:25pmThanks Mick. I've just been offered a lift so should be sorted now. That's great, looking forward to it now
Jenni MileyAug 28 2021, 3:27pmTo save me from getting lost in the morning - does anyone have the eircode / map reference for the car park ?
Shane O'MalleyAug 28 2021, 4:09pmThis is for the coffee van in the car park

https://maps.app.goo.gl/BQsNEiUoCiyF4nmh6

Hopefully it works for you.
Dave DochertyAug 29 2021, 1:47pmLovely race today. Massive thanks to Mick and gang for keeping the sun off our backs. Really enjoyed it.
Brendan LawlorAug 29 2021, 2:24pmGreat race today, really well organised. Thanks to Mick and all his volunteers, especially the turnaround water lads. Thanks too to Peter Kennedy who owns the car park.

I think with all the UTMB, CCC, and whatever you’re having yourself chat on social media, it was good to do the WWT and good luck to the MMU folks next week. Not quiet as glamorous but the leg pain is similar

TTFN
Sandra PegmanAug 29 2021, 2:24pmA huge thank you to Mick & all the volunteers for a wonderful race today. It was epic!
Fiona SmythAug 29 2021, 2:47pmMassive thanks to Mick & all the volunteers for a brilliant run today! ! Really well organised! I opted for the buff & it's great !

Just checked results & my time is out by over an hr (in the wrong direction ha!).. strava says moving time 2:52:47 ,

Many thanks,
Fiona
Conor O'FarrellAug 29 2021, 2:58pmResults are up. Please email any queries to results@imra.ie, stating your name and race number. I won't be monitoring the forum for queries, this is the only way to engage.

Regards
Conor
Sean ForsythAug 29 2021, 3:02pmThanks to all the team out there today, it was a great race and experience. Big shout out to all the runners, a huge amount of good people with plenty of encouraging words and chats on the route. Great day out
Mick HanneyAug 29 2021, 3:03pmHi,

Congrats to Ed and Kate, respective winners today.
Well done to all participants. It was a great day and everyone I spoke to seemed to have enjoyed it.
Thanks to Shane and Conor on the laptop/results.
To Alice on First Aid.
To Vivian, Henny, Eoghan, Patricia, Richard and Steve for their work before, during and at the finish.
To Andy for photos out on the route.
And to Enda and Brian for helping out at the turnaround point.
Also, to the car park owner and Bru coffee for their support - having caffeine close by at a race is a godsend.
James H CahillAug 29 2021, 3:28pmThank you Mick and all your volunteers for today. Really well organised and a smooth running machine. Congratulations to the winners and hope the various fallen warriors make speedy recoveries.
Mick HanneyAug 29 2021, 3:38pmHi,

Just saw some nice photos on FB for the event, but couldn't help noticing some runners wearing headphones. They are not allowed on IMRA races. You need to hear what is going on around you. Particularly on narrow trails. So please bear this in mind for IMRA races in future.

Regards,

Mick
Mick HanneyAug 29 2021, 4:01pmA pair of runners with chip attached were left behind in car park. I have them with IMRA kit. Brooks make I think?
Moriarty AidanAug 29 2021, 4:26pmHi

Thanks for a great race.

I was in the first wave, so 30min should probably be added to my time. Race no. 1839

Am sure a few people will be delighted to be up another position!

Cheers
Eiviltas Evan RadaviciusAug 29 2021, 6:42pmThanks for organising today’s race. Was great to be racing again.
Mick HanneyAug 29 2021, 8:15pmHi,
The various results queries are being followed up by results@imra.ie.
Please bear with us as we are a volunteer team and todays event was complicated by the amount of people doing early starts.
Regards,
Mick
Colette MatthewsAug 29 2021, 9:25pmThanks Mick and all for a great race. Very tough but a lovely bunch of smiley faced volunteers & great encouragement from all the runners in general.
Conor O'FarrellAug 29 2021, 10:10pmThere’s a lot of early/regular starters to separate out. I’ll be going through the sign-in sheets in the morning and will hopefully get the sorted. Again, please email results@imra.ie with your queries.

Thanks
Con
Mick HanneyAug 29 2021, 10:14pmThere was a fair few new runners today in the race. A couple of things to note please.

1. At the sign-on desk, please indicate if you want to avail of Early start, or Not.
2. At the 'register chip' desk, ditto (indicate if you are early start or not).
3. At the finish line, say Early starter if you were so.

Thanks.
Roelie SmitAug 30 2021, 10:34amThanks to Mick and all the volunteers for giving up their time yesterday to organise a good day out.
Niamh O'GormanAug 30 2021, 12:11pm@Mick Hanney, I thinks those are my Brooks, thanks a mill for picking them up. I can collect them from you if it suits. 0876973009 Thanks for a great race yesterday!
Eva FairmanerAug 30 2021, 1:03pmThank you Mick and all your team for a wonderful morning on the trail paths. A special thank you to Alice Clancy who looked after me at the finish after I had had a face-plant on the boardwalk. A trip to Swiftcare, a tetanus, 3 stiches and knee-brace and sure I might still make Paris 2024!
Mick HanneyAug 30 2021, 2:23pmThanks for the nice feedback.
Speedy recovery Eva and Ruth.
The results have been updated. Any queries to results@imra.ie
Anyone care to throw a report together?
Mary CollinsAug 31 2021, 4:18pmThanks Mick and all your volunteers for the race on Sunday. Well organised and great atmosphere.
Mary CollinsAug 31 2021, 4:26pmAnother but not least, big thank you to Mandy Keegan, who stopped when I fell and insisted on staying with me until I got up and kindly walked / jogged rest of way to finish line by my side -at the expense of her own race and timing .
The kindness of strangers.