Irish Mountain
Running Association

Halloween Half Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Stephen LynchSep 22 2021, 11:16pmHi guys,

Having trouble paying online, won't accept my card. Anyone else having any issues?

Steve
Daryl MossopSep 23 2021, 1:40amIt's highly likely to be your phone number, it's needs to be 353|871234567

The | is unusual be necessary..

Will there be a GPX file with the route at some stage of this race?
Mary McAuliffeSep 24 2021, 3:54pmI had trouble paying until I entered my details without auto fill.. That seemed to work
gary relihanOct 10 2021, 9:30pmHi, first race this year so will need a number on the night, 217, cheers
Gerard DownOct 13 2021, 10:47amJust checking if the time - 19.30 - for race start is correct ? If so this will be a night race requiring headlamps ?
John J BarryOct 13 2021, 1:20pmCorrect - night time run.

We had a full marathon in January in the dark for the last couple of years too. Hopefully its back in the new year

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4448525265240622&id=405709882855534
Danny O'KeeffeOct 16 2021, 9:42pmIs this full, showing 199. Trying to purchase but throwing up error.
Robbie WilliamsOct 17 2021, 4:31pmHi All

A glitch is showing an entry left but thus race is now full.

See you all in 2 weeks
Stephen O KeeffeOct 23 2021, 6:30pmJust wondering if there is a route map available for this? Heading there tomorrow to get the lay of the land.
Robbie WilliamsOct 24 2021, 10:01pmThis is most (but not complete route)

https://strava.app.link/2qVP5DokUib
Colm O ConnorOct 27 2021, 9:23pmHi, is the full route signposted or is GPS navigation a requirement?
Patrick KissaneOct 28 2021, 5:55pmI'm no longer able to run but I just volunteered for this race. What time should I be there for?
Robbie WilliamsOct 28 2021, 7:46pmColm did you get the race email ??

Patrick I just mailed you thank you
Robbie WilliamsOct 28 2021, 7:49pmShop :

I hope to have gazebo set up selling lots of this years race tee shirts, mugs, cups etc…

Also available to but are the IMRA MUNSTER coffee keep cups , same style at the race ones, and also IMRA buffs.

All this years race tees and mugs will be sold for very little so please bring change if you wish to buy some as money will go to a charity.

Also limited numbers of the IMRA race singlets

Thank you
Paul MurrayOct 29 2021, 9:45amHi there, just wonder if the route is fully marked (like Ballyhoura) or is GPS navigation necessary?
Robbie WilliamsOct 30 2021, 7:46amAll fully marked

You should have all got the emails
Mary BoyceOct 30 2021, 8:00amHi. Just wondering is there an early start option for slower runners?
Colm O ConnorOct 30 2021, 11:05amGot the email, thanks.
Kieran Lynch73Oct 30 2021, 2:40pmHi Robbie, I volunteered for this but haven't heard anything, do you still need me?
Declan CunninghamOct 30 2021, 11:20pmVery enjoyable race. Massive thanks to all the volunteers who made it happen!
David FoleyOct 31 2021, 12:41amThat was awesome. Thanks to all the volunteers who made this happen.
Iain O'CallaghanOct 31 2021, 6:28amThanks to the organising team and all the volunteers for putting on a great event. Brilliantly organised and lots of fun.
Robbie WilliamsOct 31 2021, 8:33amReally happy people enjoyed this event..
Had been planning the course in my head since last summer snd kept changing it every time I ran it :)

Huge thank you to the volunteers who helped me in all capacities…

Paul Carroll, Emer (my wife), Dean & Scott (who cycled most of course with me marking it yesterday), Maire O Sullivan, Brian and Julie Byrne (who travelled from Kerry and stayed over in their camper to help), Noreen O Keeffe, Kieran Lynch, Richard Forrest, Niall League, Damien Mc Donnell, Ted Feehan, Mike Halahan (who after his run went and picked up injured runner), Gary Healy, Derek Walsh & Sister Louise Heffernan with John Halahan who swept and de marked the course. I know there are a few more so apologies if I have left you out.

Once again so happy to be involved with a great selfless group who help to get these events running. If you are new to this welcome and feel free to ask about lending a hand every few races so we can all get a chance to run.

Here’s to what was a great night in the woods and I hope ye all had fun !

Oh yes… thanks to Shep my four legged companion who covers every mile with me :)
Mary McAuliffeOct 31 2021, 9:02amSo well organised, signage was super, so glad my fears of get back lost in the dark were unfounded.. Also glad I didn't buy new trail runners before the event! Thanks a million to everyone who made it happen
Karen KennyOct 31 2021, 9:37amSecond all the above. Great event. For those of us local to these woods (& there was a good few) it was great to see some of their potential being realised while beating the crap out of ourselves along the way. Conversely to Mary above..... i'm glad i did buy new trail runners for the event!! Well done to all involved. There's serious time spent planning & doing the route checking for these events..... it's much appreciated.
Ian HutchinsonOct 31 2021, 9:47amThanks Robbie and all volunteers, great craic and extremely well organised - much appreciated
Stephen O KeeffeOct 31 2021, 9:54amThanks to all the volunteers for an absolutely brilliant race last night.
Brilliant course. Very glad I bought new trails runners given that whole muddy section leading to and then around by the aid station, I didn't fall once which is a miracle for me!
Loved the two sets of fairy lights, gave it a magic feel.
Ran my fastest ever trail half marathon. And those protein ball things were actually very tasty.
Mary McAuliffeOct 31 2021, 10:09amYes indeed my old trail runners can now be safely put to bed!
Michael BaileyOct 31 2021, 11:39amThanks to all the race volunteers for last nights race, it was well organised
and a super course.
George RickardOct 31 2021, 11:59amA very sore but happy runner here today! I'm really humbled by the generosity of the organisers and volunteers of these events but particularly last night. I am motivated to support and do my fair share of volunteering. Thank you Robbie and all the volunteers for a truly memorable experience. It was an exceptional event!
Brian FlannellyOct 31 2021, 7:55pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Barry WalshNov 1 2021, 9:45amHuge thanks to all who put that race together, Robbie, Shep and the team of volunteers who stuck it out in the dark for the evening.

Fantastic course, heavy going, free flowing and some (bonus) river crossings - would make a great summer race too. Marking was perfect and being my first night time race I needn't have had any worries about navigation. Took a slip in some of the sloppy stuff but sure skin grows back and the positives far outweigh the negatives every time.

Again - thanks to all for a year of great races none of which would happen without the volunteer support and RD's time input.