Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glenariffe mountain race

AuthorDateMessage
Jonny SteedeFeb 7 2022, 12:12pmHi Folks
Just a post to let you know about our great wee Nimra championship race in the beautiful Glens of Antrim aka The Spudrun! The race is on the 12th of March. All details and entries can be found on Si entries on the following link https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=9397
There is an entry limit of 150 and they are filling up nicely, so get enter quick and you’ll also get your free bag of spuds from the race sponsor Glens of Antrim potatoes! Hope to see some familiar faces there and new ones too. I will put on following posts on accommodation options etc.
Brendan LawlorFeb 17 2022, 1:26pmOnly 30 entries left for Jonny's Spud Run so sign up soon if you fancy a trip to the Glens of Antrim next month !

(and a bag of potatoes!)
Alice ClancyMar 13 2022, 6:24pmA huge thank you to Jonny, Anna and Glens runners for hosting such a great event yesterday!!
The race was really well organised and the friendly Marshalls and views of the glen and Scotland across the sea (and bag of spuds) made up for the slog to the top! ..The post race festivities were so much fun too...highly recommended for next year!!!
Brendan LawlorMar 13 2022, 8:52pmHere here Alice !

A huge thank you to Jonny, his wife Anna and all the Glens AC and local volunteers for a fantastic race in the Glens of Antrim.

Jonny went above and beyond in his welcome and hospitality, helping us with sorting accommodation and organising a lovely post race evening at the Cushendall Boat Club. He also organised super weather and made sure we had a bonus point win over England in the rugby to aid our post race festivities !

IMRA’s Liz Wheeler hails from the Cushendall area and she was third Woman home on a very testing course. We got to meet lots of Liz’s cousins , family and friends at the race and boat club and even discovered it was her grandfather who straightened the local river we ran along !

Myself, Alice, Linda and Angela took part and earned our bag of Spuds I can tell you!

The Glens of Antrim and Cushendall are a real gem and the welcome we received was exceptional and appreciated!

We’ll be back for more Spuds Jonny !! See you at a race soon hopefully!
Linda RowdenMar 13 2022, 9:44pmTo echo Brendan and Alice, big thanks to Jonny, Anna and all the Glen gang for a fantastic welcome to beautiful Glenariffe. For anyone thinking of heading up next year, it’s so worth the trip. Here’s a little video of yesterday’s race https://youtu.be/xQ-wfiXLAXE
Elizabeth WheelerMar 14 2022, 1:57pmBrendan, Alice, Linda & Angela,
I am delighted that you enjoyed the weekend in the Glens. There is always a warm Glens welcome and I am sure you deserved it all the more after that run! It's a tough one!
I fore-warned Brendan about the relentlessly straight return leg along the river, it seems to go on forever, especially on tired legs after the steep climb and descent. I curse my grampa every time I run that race :)
The lads work tirelessly to put on a great event and it's such a treat getting a big bag of spuds for your efforts. It would be wonderful to get an IMRA contingent up there every year. We'll look after you well.
Really glad you enjoyed it and see you out on the hills soon.
Liz