Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tree Planting

AuthorDateMessage
Maciej DzieledziakJan 26 2023, 10:14pmHi all

Can I bring my son for the tree planting event? 7 years old?

Regards
Maciej
Conor GreenanJan 27 2023, 10:45amHi. I think I've missed the signup link. I'll join too for the run and tree planting.
Sarah McEllistremJan 29 2023, 8:48amHi guys, at ballinstoe carpark is anyone here for the run?
Miriam MaherJan 29 2023, 7:28pmAngela - take a bow!

Super morning this morning. Thanks so much for proposing the initiative of the carbon offset contribution in the first place and then the follow through with organising the inaugural tree planting project today, using the funds gathered by the 2022 carbon offset contributions.

Great turnout, about 40 IMRA members, along with partners and a bunch of kids...and some dogs too, all turned up to Simon Lynch's farm to plant a range of native species. We worked out in the end that nearly 500 trees were planted! Oak, Silver Birch, Hazel, Alders and Scots Pine.

It was super to spend time in Wicklow giving back and paying it forward for the long term future, given how much time we spend in the hills enjoying ourselves there!

Thanks again Angela and thanks everyone else for turning up and taking the time out to plant a few hundred trees!!
Richard KieranJan 29 2023, 8:19pmWell done Angela and everyone who helped - sorry I didn’t make it, I won bother with the excuses! Next time …
Dave DochertyFeb 16 2023, 10:17amWell done to Ange on all the hard work.
More tree planting going on with the Rewild Wicklow folks:

Hi all Rewild volunteers,

Our next event will be a tree planting day with the NPWS rangers near the old mines at the Wicklow Gap.

We will be on rough ground but it's easily accessible and close to parking. We will be using wire cages with rebar to protect the newly planted trees so gloves are essential and care is required installing them to make sure skin and eyes aren’t cut. Old clothes should be worn as wire is not kind to clothing!

If you are free to join us just reply to this email, no previous experience necessary.

Saturday 25th February, 9.45am, Miner's Way, Wicklow Gap

I will forward full details directly to those that it suits on the Friday before as this one may be weather dependent.

It's a beautiful place to plant and we will be returning native species to their former range so I'm looking forward to this one!

Warm regards,

Danny Alvey
Chairperson
ReWild Wicklow