Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nagles Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Martin StevensonFeb 10 2023, 2:35pmAny chance of a gpx file please
Matthew BranchFeb 10 2023, 2:37pmMartin if you visit the plot-a-route website (link on the event page), you should have the option to download a gpx
Matthew BranchFeb 10 2023, 2:38pmHere:
https://www.plotaroute.com/route/2132742
Pat O'SullivanFeb 18 2023, 12:46pmJust a quick questions.I hope to sign up to the Marathon on the day can I change to the half?
Joan RyanFeb 18 2023, 9:29pmHi Pat. Yes you can do that.
Joan RyanFeb 19 2023, 7:15pmDon't miss the entry deadline for the Nagles races .. closing tomorrow night. It's the first time for the marathon route so come on, explore some new race trails.
Colm DeasyFeb 22 2023, 2:08pmHi Pat - I signed up for the half. I was wondering I could switch to the full?
Joan RyanFeb 25 2023, 6:18pmEntry has been opened now for 24hrs - 6pm today to 6pm tomorrow. This is the last chance to enter the race. T-shirts will not be given to anyone entering now as they have already been ordered.
Pat O'SullivanMar 4 2023, 12:07amhttps://www.strava.com/routes/3066889545119340892 the Hillllllssss
Joan RyanMar 8 2023, 3:54pmA few additions/changes to take note for the marathon.

The mandatory kit has been updated for the marathon: Rain jacket, fully charged mobile phone (with RD numbers), Foil blanket, hat, buff, gloves. You must have these at reg and for race duration. Some exposed areas on the route are bitterly cold. It might be mild in Killavullen but when you get to Knocknaskagh it's a different world.

Bag drop option is added now. Hand it in at registration and it will be available at 26.5km mark. Put your name and IMRA race number on the bag and maybe use a bag you can recognise! The bags will be returned to the GAA hall once the sweepers have gone past this point.

Registration is open from 7:30am.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
Joan
Joan RyanMar 8 2023, 4:20pmINSTA-COFFEE (coffee trailer) will be at GAA hall for reg and for finish. Sheila was well received for the Rahan race and with the current weather forecast I think we will all be glad of her products on Saturday.
Ray LonerganMar 11 2023, 4:22pmJust to say a huge thank you to the race director and volunteers . It was a really well organised race. I thought it was a very tough run indeed, excellent technical single trails in abundance, but well marked.
Gavin RocheMar 11 2023, 4:42pmThanks so much to Joan, Ide and all the crew and volunteers. Really enjoyed the race today. It was a tough course but very well marked. The whole day was very enjoyable.
Raymond CumminsMar 11 2023, 9:49pmThanks Joan and everyone involved. :-) The course was a real challenge but I have to say I loved it. It was so well marked, thank you. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to make it such a memorable day.
Carol O'DriscollMar 12 2023, 10:03amThanks to the race directors, volunteers & helpers , the race was really well organised and marked. I loved the route itself ,it was beautiful but challenging. Definitely an adventure. the coffee at the finish was a welcome comfort. Well done everyone involved .
Brian FlannellyMar 12 2023, 10:45amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie