- Sunday 7 April, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship, Munster Championship
- Route Description:
- The race begins on Claragh Rd (just opposite the carpark) heading south. After about 800m, take a sharp left onto a narrow road, and after another 600m, take a right turn onto a path going through the forest. This path zig-zags up through the forest, until you go over a stile on your left that exits the forest. You now follow the path keeping the forest to your right, until you go through a gate on to the open mountain. You are now on a narrow path that swings to the right and then takes you to the summit. Turn left at the summit, and head straight back down to intersect the uphill route and then follow your route back to the finish.
- Getting There:
- Millstreet, Co. Cork
Carpark and registration is opposite St. Patrick's Church on the main road going through the town (R582).
OSI grid reference: W 268 902Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- The cost is â‚¬10 per person or â‚¬5 for juniors. If you have already raced an IMRA race this year, please bring your number with you. If not, you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Same location as registration
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize