Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtymore

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanAug 2 2013, 3:02pmHi folks,

Its not long now to Tipperary! We've been to Down - Kerry - Mayo and Wicklow.

We're heading to Tipp for the last Irish Championship race. So if you have run two of these races you need to run this one to complete the Championship.

This is also the last Munster Championship race. If you have run three Munster races you need to run this one to complete this Championship.

Now I need some volunteers:

2 Summit Marshalls - Galtybeg and the Cross on Galtymore
First Aid Person
Laptop Person
Race registration - run/non run
Finish - non run

There is a Kit Requirement for this race. This is listed on the Event Detail page.

This is a long race - just over 12km. The route will NOT be marked and if the mist is down you need to be able to navigate i.e. use a map and compass. Do not think you can run with a group or keep up with someone because you won't! No matter what the weather is like please bring what is listed in the Kit Requirement list and a decision will be made on the day.

Race registration will open at 11.30am in the car park near the race start.

Early start from 11.30.

Prizegiving will be in the Coach Road Pub - directions will be given at the race.

Don't forget to bring your own water and take all your rubbish home.

P.S.

Can Web Master please accept me as Race Director for this race - thanks

Brian O MurchuAug 2 2013, 3:14pmI'll do summit marshal at the turnaround point (assuming I am successful in securing a carpool with someone!). If there is competition for this prized marshal role, am open to teaming up with someone!
Stuart ScottAug 8 2013, 5:54pmI should have room for a couple more passengers if anyone else is in need of a lift from Dub? Fingers crossed for warm misty weather!

Stuart.
Paul SmythAug 8 2013, 6:06pmStuart, I'm looking for a lift.

orienteerpaul<at>me<period>com
Vivian O'GormanAug 8 2013, 6:58pmUnfortunately the auld weather is not behaving itself and apart from some showers we will have mist. So don't forget the kit requirement - longsleeved rainproof top,map and compass,bumbag,water etc - its all on the Event Page.

The map can be printed off from this site.

I have two summit marshalls. If anybody else wants to go for the walk that would be great. Ted Feehan is giving a hand as a non running volunteer as well I just can't put him on the list at the momment.

Also if anybody can do First Aid just let me know.

Please note if you haven't run a mountain race this year don't use this race as your first. Also if you have never run a mountain race before don't let this race be your first. This is a hard long race with major climbs and decents and in bad weather/mist can be even harder.
James H CahillAug 10 2013, 11:39amAnybody needing a lift down let me know (car is on car pool),

can pick up anywhere from Greystones, N11, M50 junctions, N7 / M7
Brian O MurchuAug 11 2013, 10:05pmThis was such a great race, so much climbing and with no clouds there was amazing views! The two summit marshals had the use of two-way radios for this race and I must say they worked really effectively (pity we didn't have a third one to communicate with the RD!)
James H CahillAug 12 2013, 12:46amThank you Vivian,Brian,Daniela,Brian,Eoin,Mike and Ted, for today's race - great route and great fun, not sure we saw how bad this route could be today (good visibility and dry conditions).

Thank you all and most especially to the non running volunteers who tracked so far to make this race happen for everybody.

anthony cornforthAug 12 2013, 9:36amThanks to Vivian and all the volunteers, great race.just wondered if Joe Pittams result is available for this race he had no number, but registered for it.Thanks again.
Vivian O'GormanAug 12 2013, 2:30pmThank you to everybody for a great day yesterday - even the weather played its part.

We are having a problem in the results with four runners including Joe Pittam. So hope to have it sorted as soon as we can.
Mike JordanAug 13 2013, 6:09pmSummit times for race now in report section.
Times may be out slightly but interesting to see the changes in position and the closing/widening of gaps between runners between the mid-point and the finish.
Conor MurphyAug 13 2013, 6:45pmThat's a neat feature.

From my own times, I improved a bit after the turnaround. Clearly the outing had far too much uphill and not enough downhill...someone sort it out!
James H CahillAug 14 2013, 1:41amRace report from the (very far) back in the field up
pat BarryAug 14 2013, 12:23pmNice writeup mike - enjoyed it.
Eamon CampbellAug 14 2013, 9:22pmLads really enjoyed the race sorry we didn't get to stay for the sandwiches see you all next year for the IC from the Newcastle AC lads