Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballinastoe

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Sarah Ni RuaircJul 6 2014, 11:41pmHi Everyone,

I have plenty of volunteers now for Ballinastoe but still need a race marker. Anyone out there interested in doing it? The route is quite complex and will take time to mark. In view of this, and following a discussion with the League Director, it has been decided that whoever marks the route will be given an end of league prize.

I'm also looking for a Garmin of last year's route, preferably from someone who didn't get lost!

Thanks and Regards,

Sarah
Angus TynerJul 7 2014, 10:41amSarah
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/362012580

Some of those ahead of me went astray.
Sarah Ni RuaircJul 7 2014, 11:15amAngus,

That's great, thanks very much.

Sarah
Richard NunanJul 7 2014, 8:25pmHi Sarah,

Can we ensure that we have a Marshall at the turn around for the Junior route.

This is a complex route. Under no circumstances should a junior go beyond the Marshaled junior turn around point.

This needs to be mentioned at the pre-race briefing.
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 7 2014, 9:38pmPaul Mahon has kindly offered to mark Ballinastoe.

Many thanks to Paul and also thanks to others that subsequently offered to help out.

An updated map of the route will appear on the website tomorrow.

Sarah
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 7 2014, 10:44pmBallinastoe update:

Parking is in the Ballinastoe Golf Club car park and NOT on the road. Please park in the car park.

Does anyone have the most recent version of the sign-in sheet (ie the one with the option for the early start and junior courses)? The one on the IMRA website doesn't have those options.

I have plenty of volunteers, the jobs have been assigned but I still need a first aider. Anyone willing?

Any Juniors that do not turn around at the Junior turnaround will be disqualified.

Sarah
Pól Ó MurchúJul 7 2014, 11:04pmThat's gone over to you now Sarah. Other forms you might need attached also. let me know if you need anything else.
Kieran CravenJul 8 2014, 8:54amI'm volunteering but need a lift up to it. Do any of the volunteers have a space in their car? I'm based in city centre, but can travel out. Thanks!
Mick HanneyJul 8 2014, 3:45pmSarah, if you are stuck for a first aider I can oblige. I would much prefer to run if I could (having done my volunteering already), so if someone else offers take it. Cheers, Mick
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 8 2014, 11:07pmMick,

Thanks very much. If you want to run go ahead and hopefully there won't be any casualties before your return!
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 8 2014, 11:08pmOn an unrelated note, all volunteer posts are now filled, bar first aider.
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 8 2014, 11:19pmUpdated map showing the route of tomorrow's race is now online. Many thanks to Gavan Doherty and the very GENerous people in Great Eastern Navigators for their assistance.

If you want to improve your navigation for future races or for marking race routes, go orienteering!
Mick HanneyJul 9 2014, 10:44amHi Sarah, I'll do my own run beforehand, so I can be on standby if need be during the race. Cheers, Mick
John B RiordanJul 9 2014, 1:50pmWill happily (attempt to) track the juniors at 1910hrs Sarah as I have two sons (Eoin and Cuan) intending rto run and my tendons automatically relegate me to the 160%+ category at the mo. Regards John R
John CondonJul 9 2014, 11:05pmEnjoyed that. One of the best races of the Leinster League. Thanks to Sarah and crew for a fantastic race.
Sarah Ní RuaircJul 9 2014, 11:39pmThanks very much to all the volunteers at tonight's race. A special thanks to Paul Mahon for marking the route.
Val JonesJul 10 2014, 8:52amThanks Sarah - probably the most enjoyable course for my 100th race, well marked and marshaled. Plenty of variety, a bit of everything. Paul must have searched for the muckiest section to bring us through. I hadn't done it for a good few years, for various reasons. The last time I did the loop in a clockwise direction along with half the field.
Gareth ShawJul 10 2014, 10:14amExcellent marking and marshalling - thank you Sarah, Paul and the team!
Ronan HickeyJul 10 2014, 10:18amYeah, I don't know how Paul did it but that was really well marked and even more so brilliantly marshaled. Every turn had a marshal at it. I've no idea where we went but it was fun!
Stuart ScottJul 10 2014, 10:50amThanks Sarah for an expertly organised race, the hundreds of marshals (or else they were the same people?!) and Paul in particular for his customary exquisite marking. Is this the first year than no-one gone lost?!

Congrats to Val as well on joining the exclusive Club 100 tshirt queue!
Warren SwordsJul 10 2014, 10:58amBrilliant race. Super race marking by Paul Mahon, crazy fun route. Thanks to Sarah and all the marshals.
Sam ScrivenJul 10 2014, 11:06amVery enjoyable race. Bit like an episode of Ben and Holly. With added flies.

Well done to all.
Caitlín BentJul 12 2014, 9:04pmHi, My race results do'nt take into account an early start. Can they be rectified please. If I realy train hard, maybe next year I will achieve recorded time:)
Tough course but enjoyabe. Many thanks.