Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Marta NurkiewiczFeb 5 2015, 9:41pmHi,
I would like to do my first race next weekend. My only problem is that I dont drive and most of the places are not easily accessible with public transport.I saw that there is carpooling section and one driver that offers a carpooling for this event, but I dont see a way of contacting him to see if he would be passing places that I can get to. I live in Clontarf but could get anywhere in town - city centre, d2, d4.. Sorry if thats not the right place to ask about this...
Avril ChallonerFeb 5 2015, 9:59pmHi Marta, this is incredibly good timing but I happen to also live in Clontarf and am aiming to go to my first IMRA run next week also. I'm happy to give you a lift.
Marta NurkiewiczFeb 5 2015, 10:09pmGreat :) Two newbies :) thank you so much. I will of course participate in petrol costs :) If you would like to contact me via email: marta.nurkiewicz@gmail.com
Jeff SwordsFeb 6 2015, 9:59amHi Sarah,

Apologies for doing this, but I'm going to have to skip volunteering on Sunday, my current condition does not lend itself to standing out on a mountain on a cold afternoon too easily unfortunately.
Jeff SwordsFeb 6 2015, 10:00amCrap, where's the delete button !

No idea how I ended up posting that in this thread, pretend I was never here.
Jeff SwordsFeb 6 2015, 10:02amMmmm, I may be more mentally ill than I thought.

This thread appears as the Trooperstown event thread, but on the main forum page seems like a general New to IMRA one.
Sarah Ní RuaircFeb 8 2015, 10:50pmHi Jeff,

I removed you from the list of volunteers; being able to do so is one of the perks/responsibilities of being Race Director.

Hope you recover soon.
Sarah Ní RuaircFeb 8 2015, 10:53pmHi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help out at Trooperstown to date.

I'm still looking for a few extra helpers. Additional bodies are always good at the finish and it's nice to see a few marshals out along the route.

Sarah
Sarah Ní RuaircFeb 11 2015, 9:58pmHi Everyone,

Additional race details for Sunday:

Race follows the summer route finishing through the forest rather than on the forest road. When runners come back off the mountain and on to the tarmac road, they will not run back down the forest road that they came up but will continue on and turn right farther down the road. There will be a marshal at the turning point.

The route will be marked following usual IMRA procedure.

There will be a Junior Course with marshals in place where the courses diverge and at the Junior turn around point.

Race is at 11am and I intend to have registration open by 9.30am. Registration will be at the barrier at race start. Please do not ask to register until we are fully set up, i.e. before 9.15. Registration will close at 10.45 sharp so get there on time!

Parking will be in the usual Trooperstown car park. Please car pool and park sensibly.

There will be an early start (also at 10.45). Anyone wishing to run in the early start should make themselves known to me before then and present themselves at the barrier at 10.40am.

There is a steep (and enjoyable!) descent off Trooperstown itself so be careful.

Similarly to other IMRA races, jackets and hats are mandatory and I will be checking.

Finally, we are still rather short on volunteers. Another 3-4 volunteers would be really appreciated. It's not too late to sign up.

Sarah
Jeff SwordsFeb 12 2015, 10:46amI'm only now realising that the race wasn't last weekend. Jeez, I was in a state alright back then. I would have turned up wondering where everyone else was.

Anyway, stuff on Sunday this morning so unfortunately can't step in this Sunday instead.
Sarah Ní RuaircFeb 15 2015, 11:13pmHi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks to all the volunteers who helped at today's race. Some of them did the Donadea 50k on Saturday and managed to get up and stand around for several hours.

We had some IT difficulties, hence results are provisional, but they will be finalised in the next few days.

Thanks also to everyone who ran. Hopefully you enjoyed the race.

Sarah
Mick HanneyFeb 18 2015, 3:28pmAny race reports out there?