Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Laura FlynnJan 29 2017, 8:24pmPlease note that this race is now scheduled for Saturday the 4th, changed from the 5th due to a Debra Ireland event on the Sunday.
Those who have volunteered already should check that they are still available.
Shane O'MalleyJan 30 2017, 9:08amHi Laura,

Is this for the Brockagh race?

Thanks

Shane
Gordon PlaceJan 30 2017, 9:25amNo, Trooperstown, now Saturday 4th March in stead of Sunday 5th.
The Debra Run is a great day out too by the way. Bus from Brockagh up the mountain and run back. Might be full by now
Laura FlynnJan 30 2017, 9:26amYes, Trooperstown has been changed , Brockagh going ahead but we urgently need RD and volunteers
Derek CullenFeb 26 2017, 10:05pmHi Laura
Was just wondering about the junior course for the Trooperstown's race.. is there a map available... a few of the juniors from Glendalough AC are planning on doing it!!!
Cheers
Alex HunterFeb 26 2017, 10:12pmThis might be a stupid question. Entry not available to purchase on IMRA site so does that mean its vouchers only for entry to short course race?
Nauset GonzalezFeb 27 2017, 12:42pmHi,
This will be my first race and I have doubts and I hope you help me.
I'm registered and I have a runner number.
pick up I the number on the day of the race? And the registration is also the same day ?.
Thanks
Laura FlynnFeb 27 2017, 1:29pmYou pick up number on race day Nauset and you need to pre-register for the race or pay with a voucher.
Laura FlynnFeb 27 2017, 1:29pmYou pick up number on race day Nauset and you need to pre-register for the race or pay with a voucher.
Laura FlynnFeb 27 2017, 1:30pmVolunteers for this race urgently needed.. please sign up asap
Nauset GonzalezFeb 27 2017, 2:08pmI register and pay the race before starting the race.
Can I buy a voucher the same day for other events?
Sorry for my doubts and thanks for the help.
Angela FlynnFeb 27 2017, 2:58pmLaura Flynn wrote the following for Howth which I (too)am shamelessly copying+pasting;

I would be grateful if all runners and volunteers would please read this post so that everyone understands the system and hopefully it will help things to run smoothly:

1. When runners come into the registration area they will be directed to either the pre-registration table, if they have registered on line or the pay-with -voucher table if they have not.

2. At those tables they will sign in for the race. This is an important cross-checking tool for us as it tells us who actually started the race as opposed to registering but not taking part.

3. At the voucher table you will have the voucher punched once per entry, so if you're paying for another runner you will have it punched twice. You can also collect new vouchers here which you have bought online but please bring your confirmation email.

4. You will then go to the numbers' table and collect your 2017 number which you will keep for the year. Please bring and check your acknowledgement email to ensure you collect the correct number. It's very easy to get , say, 147 mixed up with 174 and this can cause huge headaches for us in sorting out the results.

5 you then go to the chip table and collect your new timing chip which, again, you will keep for the year.

6. Please fill out your contact details on the reverse of your number.

7. We will do our best to ensure the race starts promptly at 11. Registration will open at 9.45 and volunteers should report at 9.30. Please let me know when you arrive.
Angela FlynnFeb 27 2017, 3:07pmFYI:On the day of the race entries can only be accepted from runners who are registered on the website as 2017 runners and have a 2017 runner number.
This number can be found in your "my purchase history" section on the line "IMRA Annual Membership, 2017, Number: 123"

Volunteers
Thanks for all the volunteers so far-just need a laptop operator and first aider
Mick HanneyFeb 27 2017, 4:10pmI've put myself down as laptop operator.

Are there updated instructions for the laptop operator / Race Director re: the issuance of timing chips or the use of the chip timing equipment or does this all magically work itself? :-)
Karen DevenneyFeb 27 2017, 8:32pmOnline race entry is now open.

Mick, thanks for stepping up for laptop. I'll send on the updated database later in the week. We won't be using the ship system as El Presidente is away. There'll be a training session on this in the coming weeks
Angela FlynnFeb 28 2017, 9:35amThanks Mick for volunteering as laptop operator.

Juniors
we will run a juniors course if there is sufficient numbers of juniors running- could runners let me know if we have any by Thursday as we would need to put extra marshals out on the route.
Angela FlynnFeb 28 2017, 9:35amThanks Mick for volunteering as laptop operator.

Juniors
we will run a juniors course if there is sufficient numbers of juniors running- could runners let me know if we have any by Thursday as we would need to put extra marshals out on the route.
Michael McCarthy81Mar 1 2017, 1:39pmis anyone driving from Dublin that I could get a lift with?
Happy to contribute fuel wise also!

Thanks
Michael
Patrick FoleyMar 1 2017, 8:38pmI'm in the same boat as Michael Mc., live in the city centre and super- flexible to make my way anywhere around the city to get a spin
Nauset GonzalezMar 1 2017, 9:46pmHi.
I paid the race at Purchase IMRA products. Do I have to bring the confirmation of the Payment reference number to make the race?.
Thanks
Angela FlynnMar 2 2017, 9:19amyes,please bring your confirmation number
Angela FlynnMar 2 2017, 9:23amREGISTRATION VENUE
Registration will take place in the MOUNTAIN RESCUE centre at Trooperstown. Please park outside the centre before you come to register for the race.
Ciaran O'SullivanMar 2 2017, 10:09amHello Fellow Runners,
Is there anyone out there with a spare seat to Trooperstown
on Saturday. I live in the Ballinteer /Dundrum area.
Heres hoping.
Regards CiarĂ¡n O'Sullivan.
Ph. 086 065 9245 cosullivan@live.com
Vivian O'GormanMar 2 2017, 2:19pmMichael and Patrick if you haven't got a lift to the race yet you can text me - 0874150398 - and we can arrange a meeting point...
Elio MacukaMar 2 2017, 3:01pmif i possible to ask for a spare place, living on the newlands cross, but can come to city center or red cow hotel :) thank you
Bronagh CheethamMar 3 2017, 7:38amElio, Im picking up another runner from the Tallaght luas stop at 9.15 if that suits you. Text me on 087 4191511. Note I'll be returning straight after the race ie cant go to prize giving but Im sure we'll get you a lift back to the city with someone else if you intended going to it.
Amy ConneryMar 3 2017, 5:45pmJust wondering if you need another helper???
Andrew HanneyMar 3 2017, 8:24pmI should be there to take some race photos.
Derek CullenMar 3 2017, 9:02pmHey Angela
Only seeing forum now.. we have two juniors running tomorrow but we have two adults running with them that know the course.. sorry for late notice
Mick HanneyMar 4 2017, 3:14pmResults have been emailed on so should be uploaded before too long.
James H CahillMar 4 2017, 4:54pmThank you Angela and all your helpers (especially the non-running: Eoin, Paul, Mike, Greg, Mick, Donna, Bruce, Brian and Andy). Great route and great fun in Trooperstown. Thank you all.
Caitlin BentMar 4 2017, 8:01pmThank you all today for a well marked course. When you get a breath, can you adjust my time to read 1.40.07. Thanks.
Mick HanneyMar 4 2017, 8:40pmKudos to Damien McParland who must be Mr consistency of the Winter League so far with 4 3rd places.
Angela FlynnMar 5 2017, 2:53pmThanks to all the volunteers and a further thank you to the mountain rescue for the use of their base- much appreciated.Also, to Paul Nolan an ex IMRA 'head' who volunteered to do first aid with Eoin for this event. - Angela
Mike LongMar 5 2017, 5:56pmDear All
Looking at yesterdays Trooperstown results and observing the runners from the "sideline", I could not help but being impressed by the standard of the vet athletes.
Is it possible that the vet results are reported as M/W 40, M/W 45, M/W 50, M/W 55 etc.
No need for any more prizes. Happy that there is one prize only for M/W 40 - M/W 50 etc. as present practice but just for ourselves to add a bit of craic!
Thanks
Mike
Laura FlynnMar 5 2017, 8:14pmThat's a good point Mike and speaking with my over 50s hat on as opposed to my committee hat I'd be in favour of that and its something that other masters runners have brought up in the past. As it stands , you enter your particular master category at the beginning of the decade ( and I understand it to be the year you turn rather than the date) and emerge at the end of the decade. This means you at 49.99 years of age you are competing in the same category as a person just turned 40 and, speaking from experience, there's a huge difference, The international categories are at 5 year intervals. Maybe it's something to be brought up at the agm if people feel strongly about it. I'm not sure I feel strongly enough so it won't be me.
Laura FlynnMar 5 2017, 8:14pmThat's a good point Mike and speaking with my over 50s hat on as opposed to my committee hat I'd be in favour of that and its something that other masters runners have brought up in the past. As it stands , you enter your particular master category at the beginning of the decade ( and I understand it to be the year you turn rather than the date) and emerge at the end of the decade. This means you at 49.99 years of age you are competing in the same category as a person just turned 40 and, speaking from experience, there's a huge difference, The international categories are at 5 year intervals. Maybe it's something to be brought up at the agm if people feel strongly about it. I'm not sure I feel strongly enough so it won't be me.
Patrick FoleyMar 5 2017, 9:06pmSorry to ask Laura - is it possible to link my profile to Patrick Foley (2016's # being 2147) as opposed to Pat Foley (2016's # being 244) please? My race results for 2017 are feeding into his <=2016 results! Thanks for organising the race so well, Patrick
Kevin O'RiordanMar 5 2017, 11:10pmHi Patrick,

What race number did you use for the race? 160 or 985?

Thanks,
Kevin (webmaster)
Damien McParlandMar 6 2017, 8:41amThanks Mick. However, two of those third place finishes were only third `by default' for different reasons. I'll take them though!
Patrick FoleyMar 6 2017, 1:05pmHi Kevin,

they gave me #160 on the morning - but looking at my purchase history now it states "IMRA Annual Membership, 2017, Race Number: 985". Sorry, I should have quoted my number to them
John FitzgeraldMar 7 2017, 1:14pmThanks to Angela and all the volunteers for a race well organised and what a fantastic course.
Can my finish time be adjusted to 1=15=38. Thanks.
John FitzgeraldMar 7 2017, 1:14pmThanks to Angela and all the volunteers for a race well organised and what a fantastic course.
Can my finish time be adjusted to 1=15=38. Thanks.
Mick HanneyMar 7 2017, 7:18pm- Just to reiterate the importance of signing in with the right no. and wearing the right no.

- @Pat Foley - you were asking about a results correction, but you did sign in with no. 160 as stated in the results.

- At least one other runner ran with another runners no. (and that runner wasn't in the race). For safety sake and in case of emergency it is important we identify people correctly as people can appreciate.

- If you have ran before you should have the correct race no. for reference. If you haven't ran before check the website or most races will have a runners list to consult or if push comes to shove please ask the laptop operator.
Lillian DeeganMar 8 2017, 2:40pm.
Hi Angela,
I am looking to make arrangements to collect the RD kit tables for Maulin. A little bird tells me you may have them from Saturday past. Might you msg. me on 086 820 9861 and I'll give you a bell. Cheers.