Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nephin

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Stuart ScottJul 3 2017, 10:34amHi all,

Just in case anyone missed it, there's a separate thread for the camping and Saturday night bbq again in Old Head: https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4574

It's always a great social event and everyone is more than welcome!

Stuart
Eoin SyronJul 3 2017, 9:45pmThanks to all the Volunteers. If anyone would like to do summit marshal please let me know. Make sure to bring your binoculars, as from the top you will be able to watch the entire race weather permitting!
Vivian O'GormanJul 9 2017, 8:19pmHi Folks,

A BIG thank you to Eoin for organising todays race on Nephin. A complete contrast to yesterday on Croagh Patrick -rain - mist - wet and muddy!! Oh Yeah!!
Also to Fergal Buckley for marshalling the turn off the summit. Bang on, perfect place!!
Thanks again to Denise and Judy for the afters and Daniela for her lovely cakes.

Congratulations to Bernard Fortune and Daniela Boehm on becoming Connaught Champions.

All in all another great Connaught Champioship weekend...
Alan AylingJul 10 2017, 12:02amRace report added...
Barry MurrayJul 10 2017, 9:25pmlovely report Alan

I've added my tales !
Daniela BoehmJul 10 2017, 11:46pmThe Connaught Champs are the absolute highlight of the IMRA calendar (my humble opinion) and this year was no exception! Thank you so much to race directors (Maike, Eoin and Vivian), volunteers, supporters and participants who made it such a fun weekend and to Alice for organizing the camping. :) Great to have Nephin back on as what has to be one of IMRA's most underestimated races ;)
Mike JordanJul 11 2017, 10:42amWhat a tonic the Connacht Champs are! Great people, races, places, food, & atmosphere! Thanks to everyone - organisers, volunteers, runners, and supporters. Glad to see some excellent race reports up - saves me some writing.
I had some of the best hill racing I've been involved in for a while in both races. Battling Barry on the run off the Reek and then a proper tussle with Alan and John up and down Nephin. Proper mountain races and proper mountain racing. Less than a year to the next Connacht Champs :D
John BellJul 11 2017, 11:51pmAnother race report just added.