Irish Mountain
Running Association

Slieve Donard

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John ShielsApr 29 2018, 9:42pmHeads up. There is new route up on the Nifra site for this race with the finish moved to the playing fields beside the car park and you have go up via the saddle and back via the quarry.
Paul SmythApr 29 2018, 10:57pmThis is a welcome return to this version of the route which hasn't been used since 2014. In some older versions of the route, competitors had a free choice of route up and down. Someone will need to update the route map on the IMRA page to match this year's version of the route.
Brian FureyApr 30 2018, 9:53amThere's more info here:

http://www.newcastleac.org/?page_id=3005
Peter O'FarrellMay 9 2018, 10:46pmFrom the newcastle website;
Online Registration will close on Thursday 10th May at 9pm, and will reopen after the Slieve Donard Race.
No entries will be accepted on the day.
No pins will be provided with your race number, please use the clips provided last year or bring your own pins.

link to entry page : http://www.newcastleac.org/hd2018/B_HDAddRunnerDP.php
Donal CashmanMay 11 2018, 12:06amComing up from Cork for the race.
I've registered for the Hill & Dale Series online at the Newcastle AC website. Is this what you mean by Registration?

What about Race numbers?.....and I saw mention somewhere of barcodes?

Anyone got any enlightenment?
Donal
John ShielsMay 11 2018, 9:44amyou get your number on the day and the Bar code is on it.
they don't supply safety pins so bring your own :)
Peter O'FarrellMay 11 2018, 10:53amHi Donal. Yes, registered for the 2018 Hill and Dale series is what I meant. And of course safety pins.
Karen DevenneyJul 29 2018, 2:48pmThanks to Ernest Hall for helping to pull together thee results - it's not easier given this race is not organised by IMRA. Results for IMRA runners are now up, if you are missing, please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie with you name and IMRA race number
Tanya SheridanJul 29 2018, 9:40pmThanks Karen and also to Ernest for helping you. I know this race is more time-consuming for you to do the results for, given that you have to manually go through and pull out the IMRA runners from the very large overall field - and we were running under different numbers, as it was a NIMRA event.

Karen puts a huge amount of time and care into the results on a weekly basis - it's been an even bigger job this year with the expanded calendar. It's a really important contribution to IMRA so I would just like to take this opportunity to thank her.