Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carlingford - Fox's Rock

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Laura FlynnMay 28 2018, 6:08pmWe’re looking for a Race Director for this event please.
Robert CostelloJun 1 2018, 10:24pmI’m in for RD. Couldn’t see this great Louth race get cancelled. I’ll be looking for volunteers.
Thanks,
Rob
Robert CostelloJun 1 2018, 10:31pmActually looks like we have an RD.
Sarah Mc EneaneyJun 2 2018, 7:06pmHi Laura and Rob. I can volunteer at start finish line but I broke my shoulder running MMU so cant do Foxes Rock Check point sorry.
Sarah Mc EneaneyJun 2 2018, 7:06pmHi Laura and Rob. I can volunteer at start finish line but I broke my shoulder running MMU so cant do Foxes Rock Check point sorry.
Laura FlynnJun 3 2018, 11:44amThat’s great Sarah , many thanks. Daniela has put her name down as Race Director so thanks to her too.
Daniela BoehmJul 9 2018, 9:57amHi everyone,

now that that you have recovered from the strains of the CC weekend (or the Sat night BBQ), I hope you are all geared up for the next LC race in Carlingford this Saturday, July 14th at 12 noon. If the weather holds there should be fantastic views, refreshing post-race swims and no excuses for not having ice cream.

Please remember to sign up online or purchase your annual membership and race vouchers before Friday.

Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer - I'll be in touch during the week.

Keep in mind this is a championship race: navigation required, mandatory race kit and not suitable for beginners.
There will be an early start at 11 am.

Hoping to see many of you on Sat,
Daniela
Noel CarrJul 12 2018, 1:17pmHi Daniela I’m looking to do this race but I’ve lost my number.
The number I’ve been assigned for the year is 1706. Could I get another for Saturday? Sorry for short notice.

Regards
Noel
Diarmuid O'ColmainJul 12 2018, 4:49pmI'm First Aid officer for this race - can anyone tell me where I can find the First Aid kit please. I can collect it tomorrow, or at the race start on Saturday.

Diarmuid 087 2413303 docolmain@gmailDOTcom
Diarmuid O'ColmainJul 12 2018, 4:49pmI'm First Aid officer for this race - can anyone tell me where I can find the First Aid kit please. I can collect it tomorrow, or at the race start on Saturday.

Diarmuid 087 2413303 docolmain@gmailDOTcom
Daniela BoehmJul 12 2018, 5:42pmHi Diarmuid, thanks for volunteering as 1st Aid officer! I have the first aid gear along with the rest of the kit and will bring it on Saturday (along with some more gloves, as the kit seems to be short of those at the moment). I will also send an email to all volunteers today.
Noel, we will bring some blank numbers and will be able to write one out for you on Saturday.

Thanks, Daniela
Noel CarrJul 12 2018, 8:10pmNice one. Thank you Daniela

Noel
Daniela BoehmJul 12 2018, 11:05pmHi all,
just a reminder about the Carlingford - Fox's Rock race on Saturday.
Early start at 11, main start at 12, registration from 10.30. Only the first road section up to the gate onto the open mountain will be marked - this section is compulsory on the way out and back. Otherwise it's free route choice but you need to visit Slieve Foye - Fox's Rock and Slieve Foye again on the return.
Jackets are mandatory (no matter what the weather) and please bring compass and map (can be printed from the website), water is advised.
Registration will be in the church carpark. However, in case there is an event on (wedding, funeral..), please be prepared to park along the road instead.

Remember to register by tomorrow eve or bring your vouchers.

Looking forward to seeing you on Sat.
Thanks, Daniela
Maike JürgensJul 15 2018, 9:00amthanks for organising the race Daniela, ever increasing numbers of runners :) - must be the cake and sandwiches afterwards! :D
Angela FlynnJul 15 2018, 12:09pmThanks Daniele and team for yesterday's race in the glorious sunshine and a big thank you to Dermot for sorting me out after my fall. Yep,nicely bruised and swollen - already fed up....
Noel CarrJul 15 2018, 3:24pmThank you Daniela for well organised event, had a lovely day. Was wondering is there any over results.
Daniela BoehmJul 15 2018, 4:43pmWell done to all 31 runners who endured the scorching heat yesterday and battled their way up to Fox's Rock and back. Beautiful weather might not always be a blessing ;)

A massive thank you to all the volunteers who made it possible and who also made it a very easy and enjoyable event 'back at base':

to Diarmuid for 1st aid, Mick and Eoin for marshaling on Slieve Foye and Fox's Rock, Derek on the laptop, Sarah at the start/finish line, Patsy who talked to the priest to ensure we could use the car park, Padraig for marking the road section and a very special thank you to his wife Margaret for making those lovely sandwiches (not a single one was left)! Thanks a mill, everyone, you were great!

Winning results were as follows;
Male:
1. Shane Lynch
2. Bernard Fortune
3. Pat Foley

M40 Gordon Place

M50 Dale Mathers

M60 Joe Lalor

M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Orla McEvoy
3. Imogen McGuinness

F40 Jane Behan

F50 Deirdre O'Riordan

Congratulations! Complete results will be up over the next few days. Well done to everyone. Angela, I hope the ankle recovers quickly.

Thanks,
Daniela
Paul GrantJul 17 2018, 10:02amThanks Daniela and all the volunteers for a great race Saturday. After the long run in the heat the water, sandwiches and cookies were a really welcome treat. Really well organised and must have been a log day for all of you. At least the summit marshals had great views to appreciate.
Karen DevenneyJul 17 2018, 6:12pmResults are up, please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie with any issues