Galty Crossing

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Patricia RyanMay 8 2019, 1:40pmOnline registration is open for the Galty Crossing and will close on Sunday 9th June unless capacity is reached before this date. There will be no registration available after this date. This event is for experienced open mountain runners who are competent navigators.
Lianne PostMay 16 2019, 8:30amDoes anyone have a gpx of the route, in case I would like to do some recceing?

Also, which map would be best for this particular race (and/ or would a digital version be sufficient/ pass kit check)?
Robbie WilliamsMay 16 2019, 7:36pmHi Liane

OSI 74 fairly good

No , no digital map is accepted , has to be traditional map & compass for kit
Lianne PostMay 16 2019, 8:49pmRobbie, thanks for your help! Good to know.
Robert CunninghamMay 20 2019, 12:18pmCheck out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/CgTa7YWhQW
From last years Galty Crossing.
Alice ClancyYesterday, 1:53pmHello there, can I just clarify in relation to digital maps use in Galty Crossing - the event details say that GPS use is allowed for this race...does this mean that if participants have paper map and compass, they also allowed to track themselves on view ranger or similar as back up? thanks
Robert CunninghamYesterday, 2:39pmHi Alice. You must carry a map and compass as part of the kit requirements.
You can use any form of gps or mapping in addition to the map and compass.
  Forgot Password? | What is myIMRA?
myIMRA