Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtymore

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Robert CunninghamJul 20 2022, 10:37pmDate changed for this race from Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th of August.
Mark McAddenJul 22 2022, 7:35pmHi,
Where is the starting point for this race?
Michael McSweeneyJul 22 2022, 7:49pmDropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/whARXHhm3n5duEwM9

Mark,
The race starts just up the road from the Trailhead for Lough Curra & Galty More.
Micheal.
Mark McAddenJul 22 2022, 7:55pmThat's great, thanks for getting back to me Michael!
Páraic RyanAug 2 2022, 2:14pmHi all,

When can I enter this race online? Does it only become available to enter shortly beforehand?

Thanks in advance
Páraic
Michael McSweeneyAug 2 2022, 2:39pmParaic.
Normally opens a week or two before the race.
Páraic RyanAug 2 2022, 3:32pmThanks Michael.
Robert CunninghamAug 7 2022, 4:40pmGaltymore now open for registration. Vouchers accepted on the day.
Kevin BroughtonAug 7 2022, 10:05pmI’m going to have to un-volunteer for this unfortunately, can’t drive for the next week or two following todays injury (wouldn’t be able to go to a marshalling post either). I’ll keep trying to arrange a lift there in the meantime and could do car park duty or registration or something like that, but for now I’d say plan without me
Patricia RyanAug 8 2022, 10:49amDon't worry about it at all Kevin. Hope you recover soon.
Kevin BroughtonAug 8 2022, 12:11pmThanks Patricia
Des LaneAug 8 2022, 1:07pmHi Guys, I'm available to volunteer if ye need help?
Patricia RyanAug 8 2022, 8:07pmThanks Des, I'll take you up on that offer.
Patricia RyanAug 10 2022, 8:43pmParking will be in a field at the bottom of the Cush road. Please follow the instructions of volunteer stewards. Give yourself plenty of time to get up and down to registration (in Cush carpark) and up to the start.
Patricia RyanAug 10 2022, 8:52pmRegistration will also be in the field, not up at the Cush carpark
Patricia BlackburnAug 11 2022, 12:39pmHi, can anyone that is still to get their tee for the G. I. T.R.
please come to me if you are at the Galtees on Sunday.
I will have them with me.
Thanks, Tricha Blackburn
Patricia RyanAug 11 2022, 10:33pmAnyone available to marshal Galty Beag this Sunday?
Iwona KelleherAug 13 2022, 5:33pmPatricia, I'm the helper tomorrow so if you need me to be galybeg marshal I'll do it...
Iwona KelleherAug 13 2022, 8:47pmAny instructions for the helpers please?
Patricia RyanAug 13 2022, 10:00pmHi Iowna, please can you be there for 10.30am.
Patricia RyanAug 13 2022, 11:07pmIwona you might help with registration and at the finish line please.
Brian MullinsAug 14 2022, 7:19pmMassive thanks to Trish and all the volunteers today on what was another seamless IC race. It was a total oven with the ground bone dry and before the start as people hid under furze bushes and blackthorn trees it was sure to have a price and we all paid!! A day that proves you are never too old to learn and also a day of firsts. The first first was stupidly taking the lead going up galtybeg (lesson no.1 learned!), I just woke Tim, Matt and Nick from their slumber and suddenly by the time Galtymor came I was in fourth! Fourth i thought, I’ll gladly take that in this weather. Back we went on the return trip towards the start and amazingly ended up back in third by the time we got to the top of Cush and I thought I was ok for third but that is where the second of the firsts comes in (first time I ever experienced the my legs don’t belong to me syndrome). Matt and Sean passed me as if I was stopped, Lesson learned no.2, don’t fly down galtybeg as you will pay! I paid! As I shuffled, as that was all it could be called, to the stile for the final descent, I was thinking of what was in the first aid kit that would make me forget the last 90mins of horror! Luckily Lisa was guarding the first aid kit so I never got to see what riches might have assisted me forgetting the whole experience, however being mildly delirious I did drink two cans of ice cold Fanta at the end, another first as this is not a good idea when you are a type 1 diabetic! A brilliant outing, great battles and racing. Congrats to Tim on winning the IC as he has been the stand out runner all year.
Brian FlannellyAug 14 2022, 11:10pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Patricia RyanAug 14 2022, 11:44pmKudos to everyone who ran out on the Galtys today, sweltering conditions.
Many thanks to all the brilliant volunteers who helped make the event run so smoothly.
Michael McSweeneyAug 15 2022, 9:52pmGreat day in the hills.
Thanks Tricha and crew.