Irish Mountain
Running Association

Devil's Glen

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mikey FryMay 21 2023, 12:30pmJust a wee call out for some more helpers please not long to go just over a week thanks:)
Terry LawlessMay 23 2023, 3:36pmHi Mikey, I can do some race marking or marshalling. Don't need to race. Let me now how you're fixed, happy to help.

Terry
Mikey FryMay 25 2023, 3:38pmThanks Terry we have a marker so you can marshal if you’d like..thanks we have enough volunteers now:)I’ll send on a list of duties over weekend thanks to everyone who’s out there names down so far:)
Mikey FryMay 25 2023, 3:50pmSorry noticed had a lap top operator now I don’t have James down to shadow so could someone please jump in race can’t go ahead without one please????
John MolloyMay 25 2023, 7:08pmHi Mikey
I had not seen your message that you had enough volunteers when I added my name. The message were going opposite directions at the time. I am available to help out if needed. However of you have a full compliment I can sit this one out. No issue, please confirm one way or the other.
John Molloy
Mikey FryMay 25 2023, 8:31pmJohn I’ll add you on thanks:)
Sean ForsythMay 26 2023, 10:07amApologies Mikey, my bad, I forgot to give a heads up I had to pull out of the laptop on the night.

Unforseen circumstances getting in the way
Mikey FryMay 26 2023, 4:38pmNo worries Sean hope all ok just hoping someone is able to do laptop for me please?:))
Jeff SwordsMay 26 2023, 5:17pmIf you remain stuck Mikey I can step in if someone wants to step up and replace me in Howth the following week.
Mikey FryMay 26 2023, 5:51pmThanks Jeff let’s see how the next couple of days go:)))
Sean ForsythMay 27 2023, 10:06amCheers Mikey, nothing more than time constraints wouldn't get me there until after 7.
Miriam MaherMay 27 2023, 11:02amHi Mikey, I've put myself down for laptop, I'm out of action due to injury so may as well make myself useful ;-)
Mikey FryMay 27 2023, 11:39amThanks so much Mim that would be amazing no James can stop sweating hope your not out of action for too long:)
James HigginsMay 30 2023, 9:36amMikey, is there an early start?
Mikey FryMay 30 2023, 2:11pmSorry no James can’t have you eating all the sandwiches at the pub:)
Mikey FryMay 31 2023, 10:06amJust a big reminder please to car pool from Ashford n11 even if your not going back to pub after you go right past pub if your coming from Dublin it will make it a lot easier for parking cause it’s very tricky thanks so much mikey:)
Jorgan StrathmanMay 31 2023, 11:54amHappy to volunteer instead of racing if there's still a need. Anyone traveling down from Dublin this evening that I could hitch? I'm located in Kilmainham although could reasonably meet you wherever you're setting out from. My email is jorganstrathmann at geemail. Thanks a mill!
Ger PowerMay 31 2023, 12:49pmIf you want running volunteers I can help no problem
Louis MulleeMay 31 2023, 1:00pmHi Jorgen/Everyone

There are a few lifts on offer in the car pool section at the bottom of the events page.

I would encourage everyone who can to offer lifts on the imra car pooling site and help reduce our carbon footprint :)

For tonight there are 9 seats on offer with only 1 booked so far.

As Mikey says tonight is particularly tricky for parking so carpooling is strongly encouraged!
Niall CorriganMay 31 2023, 1:08pmHi folks, if anyone wants a nice 3k warm up and cool down while also easing the parking situation you could do the following. Park at The Ashford House, follow the driving route out, just after the narrow Nuns Cross bridge turn into the entrance of the Devils Glen equestrian and take the immediate right fork lane between the houses, this will put you on a fire road that will bring you to the inner car park and race start/finish.
Jorgan StrathmanMay 31 2023, 1:26pmBrilliant, appreciate you pointing that feature out on the event page. I booked a seat now. Thanks, Louis. :)
Sean ForsythMay 31 2023, 9:17pmHey Mikey and crew, thanks for a great race tonight and the support, my two wee girls loved it and had a ball
Mick HanneyMay 31 2023, 10:57pm@Niall - thanks for the reminder - that trail up and down was great. Saves the drive and parking congestion.
Mikey FryMay 31 2023, 10:58pmWell I remembered the race prizes well done me thanks again to all my amazing helpers everyone seemed to have fun so fast it was so thanks everyone and a big shout to Bernard fortune on he’s 400 race super well done Gooday mikey:)
Alan KennedyMay 31 2023, 11:45pmThanks Mikey for a great race tonight. Helpers super as always and Marshall’s out on the course perfectly positioned and great encouragement. And chips this time in the pub after was a real bonus.
Brendan LawlorJun 1 2023, 8:16amWell done and thank you to the unflappable duo of Mikey Fry and Paul Smyth and their team of volunteers for a super fast blast around the very beautiful Devils Glen course in near perfect weather conditions !

Welcome back to my pal Patsy after a short break and congratulations to Bernard on his 400th race.. Club 400 is getting crowded !
Thomas DonohoeJun 1 2023, 8:37amthanks Volunteers for a great evening... what a place!
Thomas DonohoeJun 5 2023, 5:24pmthis doesnt seem to be counting for me in the Leinster League, any idea why or do I need to do anything to get it counted? thanks
Joe LalorJun 5 2023, 5:34pmHi Thomas, Devil's Glen is not in the Leinster League. It is part of The Trail League. This was once run after the Leinster League now is interspersed throughout it.
Thomas DonohoeJun 7 2023, 3:48pmoh ok thanks for confirming!