Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tomies / Purple Mountain

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Stephen O KeeffeMay 6 2024, 7:17pmHi. Is the mandatory kit the same for the short course as it is for the long.
Conor McElroyMay 7 2024, 2:49pmHi Stephen

If conditions look suitable then we may go with mandatory kit B for the short course.

Please still bring Kit C with you just in case

Long course will remain Kit c
Stephen O KeeffeMay 9 2024, 11:55amHi Conor. Will a map of the route on my watch be ok.

I think I have everything else sorted.

Haven't used a map and compass since I was in the scouts and I've forgotten how to use them correctly

If not then no worries and I'll give it a miss.
Conor McElroyMay 9 2024, 6:22pmHi Stephen

For the short course, map and compass won't be necessary as there will be flags on the route and a Marshall on the Tomies summit Cairn to send you back on the return leg.

thanks

Conor
Conor McElroyMay 11 2024, 3:43pmGood evening everyone

Could volunteers for this race please come at 8.45am , and bring clothing suitable for a day on open mountain.

Racers: emails will be sent to you this evening

The weather forecast looks perfectly clear and cool tomorrow (touch wood) but please note mandatory kit level C required.

Let me take this opportunity in particular to point out that we have a stunning, easy natural woodland trail lined up for the kids run with parents @ 10am - no better place to bring younger kids trail running!

See you on the trails
Kevin LenihanMay 12 2024, 8:12pmHuge thanks to Conor and all volunteers for a great route and race today..the fog and zero visibility made for an interesting day out. A proper open mountain race.
Michael McSweeneyMay 12 2024, 8:24pmGreat race today. One of the best mountain races of the year. Mìle buiochas to Conor and crew.
Pádraig KeaneYesterday, 10:52amHuge thanks to all organisers and volunteers. Great day out.