Irish Mountain
Running Association

Brockagh Burst

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John BellJan 3 2024, 11:32pmDetails of the first Winter-Spring League have been updated on the event page. We need a race marker plus a few more volunteers.
Mike JordanJan 4 2024, 8:42amHi John. I can mark the course.
John BellJan 5 2024, 2:04pmWe now have enough volunteers for this race. Thanks to all who have signed up nice and early, which makes the organisation easier. There is a load of IMRA races coming up, so lot more opportunities to volunteer.
David PowerJan 8 2024, 2:20pmJohn, apologies but I can't do laptop that morning, as have to be in Avondale earlier than expected for XC.
John BellJan 16 2024, 9:58pmVOLUNTEERS: Thank you for volunteering. I have sent you an email with details for the race.
David MulrooneyJan 16 2024, 10:01pmIs there still a team category for the spring league? Think I remember reading about it on the forum before Christmas?
John BellJan 16 2024, 10:04pmRUNNERS: please check the new kit requirements described on the News page and also in the Forum. Please bring the full Level B kit list. We will confirm at registration the kit that must be carried on the day, which will depend on the conditions. Note that if you do not have the required kit you cannot race / will be DNF'd.
John BellJan 16 2024, 10:13pmDavid, we don't have an office Club result, but the results will include details of anyone who has a registered club on their IMRA profile, and this counts towards bragging rights. Last year Kilcoole AC piped the local Glendalough AC. Last year's club results on on the forum attached to last year's event. See: https://www.imra.ie/events/forum/id/2288/
Joseph BoyleJan 17 2024, 8:46amDavid, Please refer to the following post issued earlier.
https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/6581
Hazel ThompsonJan 17 2024, 7:20pmHello.
Is there any chance of collecting my 2023 end of year prize at the race on Sunday?
Thanks,
Hazel
Liam VinesJan 17 2024, 8:58pmhttps://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/6613
Anyone racing on Sunday have a read of the “4 for free” topic. Relates to parking charges.
Any non running volunteers there is no charge. Still be good to carpool tho..
See you all Sunday
Lillian DeeganJan 18 2024, 12:14pmHi Hazel,
I’ll have the End of Year shirts in the car on Sunday. Will you and anyone else due to pick up their item see me too. Plus, for the few RDs that have not collected their item, I’ll have that stock in the car also.

Lillian
Catherine McIntoshJan 18 2024, 12:49pmHi, who do I contact about an entry for the junior race? I read that I needed to email someone directly but can't find the details.
Hazel ThompsonJan 18 2024, 9:46pmThanks Lillian. See you on Sunday.
John BellJan 18 2024, 10:45pmHi Catherine, there is no need to contact anyone before entering your children. You just need sign them up and register as normal. If you child is 10 or under they need to be accompanied by an adult for the full race.
Finbar McGurrenJan 19 2024, 1:35pmHi John, I am trying to purchase entries for Finn and Nathan for the junior race. Are entries closed and full for the juniors?

Thanks,
Finbar
John BellJan 19 2024, 1:51pmHi Finbar, unfortunately this race is sold out. While the permit limits us to 200 places (snrs +jnrs) some glich in the system seems to stop sales at 199. There are lots of races coming up with nice junior courses, so hopefully see you and your guys out then.
David MastersonJan 20 2024, 11:49amHeyho,

need to buy two replacement chips (I literally only lost mine during the last 7 days), but I dont see them as an option in the shop. Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Dave
John BellJan 20 2024, 4:17pmHi David, IMRA has a card machine that will be used for car parking and replacement chips. Let us know at registration iand we can organise your replacement chip.
Carlos NunesJan 20 2024, 8:19pmIs the race still going ahead although there is a storm warning and at the top of the hill it will get very windy and it supposed to be gusts of 80 km/h at 11h for Glendalough?
Are you going to wait until tomorrow and make an assessment and let us know as soon as we know?
John BellJan 20 2024, 9:06pmThe race in planned to go ahead as normal. There is to be a yellow weather waening during the race, so everyone should be prepared for that. We will confirm at registration the kit from the list below that must be carried during the race.
Level B - Standard:
Waterproof jacket
Hat or buff
Gloves
Whistle
Charged mobile phone with emergency number stored
Foil blanket, bivvy bag or equivalent
Jeff SwordsJan 21 2024, 1:07pmResults up, any issues email imraresults at gmail dot com
Vladimir RusinovJan 21 2024, 1:29pmThank you to all volunteers, especially those stuck on the mountain in the wind.
Mick HanneyJan 21 2024, 1:34pmThanks John & team for a great race today. Easier to be running in those conditions than standing around. Thanks especially to those on the mountain.
Alan KennedyJan 21 2024, 1:44pmYes, thanks to the John and the Marshalls as it was brutal for them up top. Great to be back racing. Hot drinks and sambos after were great. And thanks for getting the results up so quick, Conor will be happy.
Carlos NunesJan 21 2024, 2:20pmI can second that. It was good to see the volunteers up there at the top and a big thank you for enduring with that weather.
The coffee/tea and the sambos at the end was a nice surprise.
Maybe when we have coffee/tea and sambos we could round up the entry fee up to 10 euros to help with the costs as at the current price it's for nothing.
Shane O'MalleyJan 21 2024, 2:29pmWell done everyone on organising another fantastic race. Pure intense racing on a great course and the wind trying to blow us off the mountain.
Thanks to all the volunteers.
Andrew HanneyJan 21 2024, 2:39pmWell that was a real feel-good return to the Imra calendar, not that it felt too good doing the loop at the top, some years Brockagh tries to break us but we come out smiling.
Thanks John and volunteers for a great event, lovely after race treats and chats too. Good to be back.
James H CahillJan 21 2024, 3:51pmThank you John and all the volunteers for a great excursion onto the Brockagh's this morning. It had everything, wind, rain, uphills, downhills, gluey mud, slippy mud, rocks, fireroads, and wind coming from every direction - all the ingredients for a great race. Particular thanks to the exposed volunteers on the open mountain and the busy race marker. Great morning. Thank you.
Vivian O'GormanJan 21 2024, 4:16pmBrockagh always throws something at us and this
morning was no exception!
Thanks to John and his volunteers especially the marshalls
on the mountain...

Oh and something else. I would just like to thank everyone
for the lovely surprise in the hall after the race. A lovely big
creamy sponge cake!! to celebrate my 600!! Very thoughtful
and very much appreciated... Thank you...
Adrian FarrellJan 21 2024, 5:08pmHi guys
Well done on getting out in the wind/rain this morning
I couldn't make it today but would anyone have a gpx of the course
If possible I would like to do the course as a training run .
Cheers
John BellJan 21 2024, 5:09pmWell done to everyone who ran today in challenging conditions.

Thank you to our team of volunteers today, especially f8rst 4ac3 back and the weather conditions. Our helps at registration, marshals on the mountain, and finish line team did a great job. Thanks to Jeff and Stephen for getting the results up so quickly. Thanks Lillian for organising the Resource Centre for registration and afters with sambos and tea

Vivian O'Gorman, fantastic achievement on 600 races since current records began.
Rob TobinJan 21 2024, 5:19pmThanks John and volunteers, especially the brave marshalls who were stationed out on the open mountain. Between the course and the elements there was impressive variety in those six kilometres.
James ClancyJan 21 2024, 5:36pmWell done John and team, amazing race and slip stream organisation for the first race back. What a great opener to the year!! Well done all.

Massive Congrats Vivian!!
Laura FlynnJan 21 2024, 5:44pmSorry to have missed the celebrations…… and the cake. Congratulations Vivian, it’s an incredible achievement.
Linda RowdenJan 21 2024, 6:25pmI picked up a pair of gloves in the carpark if anyone is missing them? I can bring them to the next race I'm going to and put them with the race kit.
Brian KitsonJan 21 2024, 6:43pmWonderful to be racing in January especially in that weather. The “water slide” was gas craic, it’s up there with the Ayling Abyss for high stakes descending. Thanks everyone for making it happen.
Clare KeeleyJan 21 2024, 7:01pmFinish line photos are up. Sorry if I missed anyone. Well done everyone today!
Francis ConroyJan 21 2024, 7:52pmThanks to all for excellent organisation in the conditions and particularly to the marshals out on the course
Derek JonesJan 21 2024, 7:56pmHi Jeff,
Myself and another runner diverted onto the short course, apologies forgot to highlight this afternoon. I've emailed results@imra.ie to amend our results to reflect this.
Great fun and thanks again all.
Regards
Derek
Gerry McGuinnessJan 21 2024, 8:14pmThanks John and team for a great day.
Miriam MaherJan 21 2024, 8:51pmFantastic start to the Leinster races for this year !

Thanks very much to John and everyone who volunteered up their time today to give the rest of us the chance to enjoy the wilds of Brockagh in all its stormy and rainy glory.

Great job done by all and all the more impressive given that it involved a lot of new year race number collections and the first time use of our new car parking charging system. All delivered with zero flap and the welcome that we all associate with IMRA races.

Have to give a shout out to the hardy and good natured marshals - no amount of layers and waterproofs could have offset standing around in those conditions.

Congrats to Lorcan O’Farrell on reaching his 100 races today!

I was delighted to get to present the legendary Vivian O’Gorman with a cake marking his incredible milestone of 600 races (those we know about anyway). Not to mention the amazing amount of volunteering (recorded or otherwise) he has done over the many years he’s been involved with IMRA.

Roll on the next events - from Howth to Ballyhoura !
liam kennyJan 22 2024, 11:05amThanks John and crew a tuff day out for the volunteers so massive respect.

Little lads first race yesterday he is over the moon so thanks for a safe race yesterday, well done!
Anne-Marie FlahertyJan 22 2024, 4:10pmTo echo the above, thanks to John and his team of amazing volunteers, on what's typically a very busy race, (first of the year, for many of us) registration, number collection and tag scan was super quick and easy.

The marshals on the hill in particular, thanks so much! I hope you're all well warmed up and dried out by now! Your time was very much appreciated (had to take the specs off, so the hi-viz blurs in the distance were great to help me get around!)

Here's to a great year or running, sliding and slogging around the hills this year!
Brian KitsonJan 23 2024, 1:06pmReport up to go with Mikey’s