Irish Mountain
Running Association

Lugnacoille

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgApr 16 2008, 11:14amHi all, we are still looking for a Race Director for this race, so if anyone is interested in running this classical route, please drop me a line.

Please note that the Race Director of this race will not be able to run as well.
Dermot MurphyMay 27 2008, 8:37amPlease note that we are still looking for a race director for this race. Any takers?
Jonathan DoyleJun 10 2008, 12:32pmIs this an uphill only race or is it up and down??? Just a bit confused, the length is 10k, but the illustrated details would suggest it's uphill only...
Rene BorgJun 10 2008, 1:17pmA fair question, the image is actually wrong (although the uphill and downhill in this race are the same).

The Lug race is up and down and 10.1km. This is the standard race, the Uphill only was a special occasion to accommodate the Euro Trial which was Uphill only last year.

There will be an Uphill only race at the World Trials in the Galtees this year for the uphill enthusiasts.
Dermot MurphyJun 16 2008, 12:20pmWe need volunteers for this race. We are looking for a summit marshal, lap top operator, first aider (all these jobs require a non runner), plus help with registration (can also race). Please contact me at dermot.murphy@imra.ie.
Dermot MurphyJun 20 2008, 9:48amWe have put back the Lugnacoille start time 1 hour to 1pm. Please note that registration closes now at 12:30.

We are still looking for some volunteers for this race - a first aider, a lap top operator and/or someone to help with the finish (both jobs requires non runners) and one or two other helpers to with registration and parking who can also run the race.
Una CoghlanJun 23 2008, 8:31pmDermot, I am available to help at Lug Race, (not running) at start/registration & finish etc. You can contact me at 087 634 2525 or email me at: unahealer (at)eircom.net
Would also like to either give or get lift from Roundwood, Una.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 28 2008, 12:21amAre you guys still looking for a first aider for this race? I can volunteer for this if needs be.
Dermot MurphyJun 28 2008, 7:16pmKevin, we still could do with a first aider and would appreciate your help, if you can make it out.
Mick HanneyJun 30 2008, 10:00pmThe summit times may not be to-the-second perfect but they are there or thereabouts. Not easy to write with wind chilled numb hands :-)

Interesting to see the summit placings compared to the end of race placings. Fair play to Brian Furey in particular for making up placings into the top 4.
Mick HanneyJul 1 2008, 7:31pm
Did anyone that ran Lug on Sunday register their own split time on reaching the summit? Just wanted to be sure of the veracity of the summit figures posted. They may need adjustment due to timer differences (and comms blackouts :-) between start and summit.
Paul JoyceJul 1 2008, 8:04pmDidn't record my split time, but my Garmin chart for elevation vs. time, has my summit at about 45m 30sec (vs. 46.40 as on the imra website). Maybe this will help confirm any suspicions you have?
PJ CarrollJul 1 2008, 9:43pmMick..... I reached the summit at 39.05 (I think you have 39.30 down.) You had a tough job up there well done.......PJ
Rene BorgJul 10 2008, 2:33pmRace report for Lugnacoille now up.