Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Run

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorJul 10 2009, 2:50pmMountain Rescue Benefit Hill Run

Dublin Wicklow and Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue Teams are organising an end of Season Mountain Rescue Benefit Hill Run on Wednesday August 26th 2009 at 7.30pm.

Course Length : About 6km with 200m of ascent

Race entry : €10 (all proceeds to Mountain Rescue)

There will be several Mountain Rescue personnel in attendance so this is the race to have your tumble!

There will be race prizes and spot prizes and it promises to be a great fun night at the end of what has been a great season.

Mountain Rescue in Ireland is a voluntary service, and depends on fundraising for most of its operating income. Between the two teams we respond to about 50 callouts per annum and cover an operational area from the Cooley Mountains down to South Wicklow. Please contact Brendan Lawlor 087 2432798, Hugh McLindon 086 8520962 or Declan Cunningham 086 6028639 if you would like more information or for a sponsorship card

Please support what we hope will be a great event in aid of a worthwhile cause

Sonja FuhrmannAug 23 2009, 11:59pmI was out in Three Rock today and someone broke into my car and into the one next to me. This is just to remind everyone who is running the event on wednesday not to leave ANY valuables in the car! It was a busy sunday today, I was parked on the main bent/small car park, where loads of people passed by, but that didn't stop the thieves to break the windows and steal my bag!!!
Anyway, that shouldn´t stop you from coming to the race! See you there! Sonja
Brendan LawlorAug 24 2009, 8:34amLast opportunity this year for a mid week evening hill race coming up on Wednesday 26th August at 7.30pm at Three Rock, in aid of Mountain Rescue.

We hope as many of you as possible can make it!

Brendan and Hugh
seamus kilcullenAug 24 2009, 1:25pmHi Brendan & Hugh,
Prioritising again where's the Guinness,if any,after this run?
Seamus
Brendan LawlorAug 24 2009, 3:02pmGood man Seamus, a man after my own heart!

The prizegiving and Guiness will be in Lamb Doyles
Brendan LawlorAug 24 2009, 3:02pmGood man Seamus, a man after my own heart!

The prizegiving and Guiness will be in Lamb Doyles
Brendan LawlorAug 27 2009, 6:57pmThank you to everyone who took part in last nights race. We raised €1755 for Mountain Rescue. We hope to have the race results up in a few days

Brendan and Hugh
John LangenbachAug 27 2009, 7:18pmThanks guys. I really enjoyed the run and was glad I didn't require your professional services. A great race to end the season of Wednesdays.