Irish Mountain
Running Association

Earl's drive

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
sidney shawJul 18 2010, 1:16pmHello,
i am cycling around Ireland and I am a runner from the states. I would like to sign up for the race but I am not sure how to do so. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much and I hope to see you all on the trail..
Slainte
SIdney
Amanda DuffieldJul 19 2010, 9:28amHello

For these races you just have to show up before registration closes and pay the membership fee of €10 and the race entry fee of €7 and you will get a number for the race. Good luck
Amanda DuffieldJul 19 2010, 9:28amHello

For these races you just have to show up before registration closes and pay the membership fee of €10 and the race entry fee of €7 and you will get a number for the race. Good luck
Oran MurphyJul 19 2010, 11:35amHi I'd like to volunteer for this race and run too if possible. How do I get acces to MyIMRA? Tks Oran
Niall O'ConnorJul 22 2010, 12:52amHi all, any route map available yet?? sorry i dont know the area at all
stephen collerJul 22 2010, 8:32pmwhere is the race start lads? is it the kilbride side or talbotstown?
Douglas BarryJul 22 2010, 11:42pmOn the route map for this event, we never seemed to have had one on file before. If anybody has one, send it to me at imra at iol.ie. Thanks!
Mick HanneyJul 23 2010, 6:34amOr, if someone knows the route and sketches it on a map for a scan/email (mick.hanney at imra.ie), I could draw it up in the OSI map software for the site.
Cheers,
Mick
Douglas BarryJul 26 2010, 8:36pmIMPORTANT NOTICE - EVENT CHANGE

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control we have had to change Race 2 in the Trail League to the Earl's Drive route. Please check the events page for the up to date details.
Mikey FryJul 26 2010, 9:44pmJust wondering if there will b any end of season tops at this race to pick up thanks:-)
Vivian O'GormanJul 26 2010, 10:21pm

We need both a First Aid Person and a Race Marker for Wednesday.

Just use myimra or leave a note on the forum.

The race can be marked on Wednesday night and the first aid bag can
be had on Wednesday also.

Thanks.
Jeff FitzsimonsJul 26 2010, 10:30pmVivian,

I'm not on the 1st aid panel but did the occupational 1st aid course with the Johns Ambulance earlier in the year if that's any help. I'm already signed up as a non running volunteer. Let me know if that's any use to ya.
Kevin O'RiordanJul 26 2010, 11:04pmFrom the looks of it, the event could do with a laptop operator as well? El Presidente Dermot Murphy did the laptop at the last few events but it's not sustainable to have the same person doing it at every event.
Dermot MurphyJul 27 2010, 8:43amAs it so happens, I have the lap top at the moment and I am also happy enough to do the lap top for Wednesday's race - so I have put myself down as the lap top operator for Wednesdays race.

But Kevin's point is still a pertinent one - we need more lap operators as its the same few volunteering for this each week. Any takers for the final Trail race at Devil's Glen? Are there many people out there who are not trained on the lap top but like give it a go? If so, we will arrange another lap top training session sometime over the close season.
Mary CollinsJul 27 2010, 3:02pmHi Douglas and Vivian
I have put my name down to be a non running helper for role of 1st aid officer
Will try to get there as early as I can--but may not be there in time to help with registration etc
But will aim to be there by 7.20pm at latest, before race actually starts.

Mary Collins
Karen MooreJul 27 2010, 4:58pmHi I've 2 friends who want to join up tomorrow but have no lift (from Trinity). Is there anyone who can offer them a lift please? Thanks
Karen MooreJul 27 2010, 6:30pmI should have said, of course, that they can get Dart or Luas to a pick up point! Thanks
Vivian O' GormanJul 27 2010, 8:54pm
Hi All - could all volunteers be at the srart of race as close to
6.15 as possible.

Peter O'Farrell is going to mark the course and Mary and Jeff
are on first aid.

All other volunteers can help with registration and finish.

Hopefully the rain will hold off and da migges stay in bed!!

See you all tomorrow night.
Mick HanneyJul 27 2010, 9:16pm
Just bumping this message again just in case anyone hasn't seen it...

IMPORTANT NOTICE - EVENT CHANGE

Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control we have had to change Race 2 in the Trail League to the Earl's Drive route. Please check the events page for the up to date details.
Jeff FitzsimonsJul 27 2010, 10:08pmKaren, I will be leaving Francis Street, D8 at 5.30 tomorrow if that is any help to your friends. They can contact me by email at jeff dot fitzsimons @ gmail dot com.

Dermot, on the laptop front I might shadow you tomorrow to see what's involved if that does not get in the way.

Douglas BarryJul 28 2010, 1:27amPLEASE DON'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES ON THIS TOPIC. USE THE EARL'S DRIVE THREAD INSTEAD. YES, EARL'S DRIVE it is, and HAS to be!!

Butter Mountain has slipped away. It's gone for this year. It might be back next in 2011, but 2010, it ain't gonna be. The Golden Slippy Unmentionable will remain just that - unmentionable. Constant repetition of The Name of The GSU will not alert people to the fact that the race is NOW on at the Earl's Drive. YES, EARL'S DRIVE!!!

Otherwise, we'll hear disappointed runners' wails of despair from The GSU at the Earl's Drive as they realise no race is going to happen there, and it's a long drive to the Earl's from THE GSU.

OK!

EARL'S DRIVE!!!!

Eoin Mc DonaldJul 28 2010, 7:11amhi,

I'd like to help and run at this race if you still need helpers.

Thanks,
Eoin
Karen MooreJul 28 2010, 9:54amThanks Jeff - unfortunately they've decided not to come on the race...thanks very much for offer of lift anyway.
Stephen RedmondJul 28 2010, 3:58pmHi,

Is anyone coming back via Blackrock direction. Am looking for a lift!

Cheers,
Stephen
Ronan KearneyJul 28 2010, 4:27pmHi Stephen

I will be driving down from Monkstown. Give me a buzz on O85 78495O9
Rene BorgJul 31 2010, 8:52pmTeam results for this event are up.