Irish Mountain
Running Association

Claragh Mountain

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
aidan hoganApr 11 2010, 10:24amLads, is this event definitely kicking off at 7pm? I thought most Sunday races were usually on in the afternoon. Also, if ye have any info on the meeting place in Millstreet (i.e. is it in the town or a few miles outside???), that would be great?
Martin BradshawApr 12 2010, 11:19amHi Aidan, i can confirm the starting time is definatly 7pm, and the race will start at the community hall, which is also the location for race registration and will be made available from 6pm onwards.

Hope to see you there
Andy IngallsApr 14 2010, 2:09pmWould this be a good race as a first timer to mountain running?
Is it only to show up at registration and pay race fee and annual membership?

Cheers

Andy
Martin BradshawApr 15 2010, 9:38amHi Andy, with relation to beginners, this is a perfect race for first timers, the race is a straight up and down course, the terrain is favourable which varies from road surface to walking track and some bog,
The Distance is just over 6k which makes this very favourable for first timers, the climb it self is reasonable and because the overall distance is close to 6km (which is short in comparison to other hill races) it helps runners kick start there hill running season, and also this is the first of the Munster championship races on this years calendar so I expect good healthy competition for placing as usual.
Also all people taking part will have to go trough registration and anyone who have not competed in the 2010 calendar year must pay a membership fee also, all will be explained on the day by Tom Blackburn who will be organising the event so have no worries,

Kevin O'RiordanApr 26 2010, 2:14pmResults are now up. Sorry for the delay.

-Kevin.