Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mangerton

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brían O'MearaJul 9 2010, 4:03pmThis looks like a beauty
Paul KevilleAug 18 2010, 9:59pmany more details of this race.marked or unmarked?will we need any gear compass, maps water etc..
Molly RyanAug 19 2010, 4:17pmI ran this last year. It's straight-forward. Uphill on a track and through a boggy bit, up left side side of lake as you look at it around top and down the other side to get back on same track we ascended on. It's not marked as far as I can remember. Good luck

Molly
Neil KeldersAug 19 2010, 5:16pmI am just wondering who is the contact for the race in order to register. Where does it start from.
Neil
Vivian O' GormanAug 19 2010, 11:09pm Hi All,

The Mangerton route is pretty much straightforward. It starts beside the river runs up the track for about 2km.Turn left up through the bog to the ridge above the lake - the Devils Punch Bowl - keep left around the lake and back onto the track you started out on back down to the river and the finish. The route will NOT be marked.

Registration will be in the car park of Molly Darcys Hotel from 12 noon until 12.45pm.Molly Darcys is on the left hand side of the road just before the entrance to Muckross House and Gardens in Killarney.Look for road signs for Muckross House!

Race starts at 1pm. Entry is on the day and is 10euro.

Bring longsleeved rain jacket and your own water.

My contact number is 087 4150398 - evenings.

Hope to see you Sunday.
Damian JonesAug 24 2010, 10:15pmGreat race thanks to the organisers. I don't appear in the results but for the record I had race number 1735 and finished in 69 min 28 sec.
Sean HarteAug 24 2010, 10:48pmI think the results for people who got a new race number on the day haven't been added yet. You finished 12th out of 31 runners overall, and 3rd place M40.