Irish Mountain
Running Association

Slieve na Muck

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
brian & julie ByrneJul 6 2010, 11:33pmwhere is slieve na muck and how to get to it even though we live in kerry thanks
aidan hoganJul 7 2010, 9:30amAs far as I know, this is run is somewhere in the Glen of Aherlow (between Tipperary Town and Galbally, Co. Limeick). I don't know specific details of where the run starts but I'm sure someone in the know will post details here a few days before the run.
Tom BlackburnJul 9 2010, 6:24pmSlieve na muck is in the Glen of Aherlow ,i have no idea how it could have been put up as kerry.Anyway If you are coming from the limerick side when you reach the traffic lights in Tipperary town turn right.at the roundabout at the next junction take the second exitfollow this road all the way out to the Glen of Aherlowas you come down the hill towards the glen you will come to a viewing point on a hair pin dend you will see the statue of Christ the King and this is where the race starts we will be registering close by be there around 7pm race starts at 8pm.
Tom BlackburnJul 9 2010, 6:40pmThe race at Christ the King runs out the forest path from the statue at the first junction take a sharp left from here keep on the right at the next junction up over the hill this is the most serious climb there are two more small climbs and there is a long fast decent to the car park.keep left here run down to the end of the car park turn left again and run out this forest path to the junction where you first turned left only turn sharp right this time and this will bring you back to the Statue.to finish.this race is about 7k and we will have tea and sandwiches after.