Irish Mountain
Running Association

Gibbet Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jane PorterMay 6 2010, 8:28amHi Folks,

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you down here on Sunday. If you are coming from Dublin the best route is probably to use the M9 exiting at junction 5 signposted N80 Rosslare, Enniscorthy etc. It is about a 20 minute drive from here to Bunclody. Details of how to get to Gibbet Hill from here are on the event page.
Rene BorgMay 6 2010, 4:38pmA map of this race has now been made available. The mooted fourth race has also been added to the series. Thanks to Eoin for putting it all up on the website.
Rene BorgMay 7 2010, 11:20amI've run my route file through the new Garmin Connect Elevation Corrections that weren't availabel last year. The real climb for the route is 250m not 327m.

Hopefully this will make the route feel much easier.

-Rene
Geraldine O'SheaMay 9 2010, 5:26pmThanks to Jane and Graham for another great trail race today in Wexford, including the now customary sunny weather! Congratulations to IMRA runners who made the podium : Aoife Joyce 1st F, Dee Ni Chearbhaill 3rd F and Mick Hanney 2nd M. Next (and final) race in this series is on June 19th (Kilmore Quay).
Isabelle LemeeMay 9 2010, 7:44pmI agree Geraldine. This was a great race and very well marked. No way you could have gone astray! And the signs were always very encouraging!
Well done again Jane and Graham, great job!
Mick HanneyMay 9 2010, 7:55pm+1 to that. Thanks Jane and Graham for another fine event in Wexford (bordering into Wicklow for part of the route!)

Personally I'm starting to question technology. The climbs today felt a lot more than the 250 meters garmin is telling me :-) Fair play to Martin for coming near the great time set last year by Keith.

If imra was considering a trail series event in the future they couldn't go wrong with this route.
Diarmuid O'ColmainMay 10 2010, 6:01pmWell Mick
what can one say. You run (nay, race) up the savage Croagh Patrick on Saturday, you fight your way up and down the even more cruel Ben Gorm on Sunday. You race on the pretty damn tough PWS on Wednesday; and then you have the nerve to moan (ok, ok, I'm exaggeratinG your comment slightly - poetic licence don't you know) about the unexpectedly hilly nature of a trail race on Sunday - a trail race may I say, of the most benign characteristics, a relative stroll in the park.
In point of fact, did you not come second in the trail race? The truth of the matter is that all that training on Croagh Patrick, Ben Gorm and PWS gave you an unfair advantage in the trail race.

But yes, I must agree with you that it is a great race, like all the other OTS races, much less painful and more pleasant (for the few non-masochists among us) than a typical hill race. Ooops will I be excommunicated for this!? A result devoutly to be wished for - just think of it, never having to put up with all that pain, ever again.
Des KennedyMay 11 2010, 6:14pmTotally agree with the positive comments regarding this race and it's excellent organisation. Fair play to Jane, Graham and the rest involved.

For anyone interested, results and report are now up on the slaney olympic website. slaneyolympic dot com

Rene BorgAug 12 2010, 8:35amOld news at this stage, but pictures from this race can be found here: http://www.slaneyolympic.com/gallery/?album=10&gallery=13