Sunday 23 June, 2019
10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Route not marked
Munster Long Distance Championship
- Start in Angelsborough
- Templehill (MANDATORY) Kite no.34
- Lyracappul Wall Start (R846-232) Kite no.35
- Wall Corner (R863-242) Kite no.36
- Galtymore Cross (MANDATORY) Kite no.37
- Galtybeg high point (R890-241) (MANDATORY) Kite no.38
- Farbreaga, cairn at end (R934-249) Kite no.33 Rocky out crop Kite no.75
- Mast Point (For the walking challenge only really) (R972-254) Kite no.32
- Slieve an Airde Fence 992-258 (MANDATORY) Kite No.76
- Bain trig point, last high point (S007-269) Kite no.79
- Hammer head (S010-269) (MANDATORY) Kite no.80
- Finish at Cahir Castle.
Cahir Castle car park, Cahir, Co. Tipperary
This race is open to all IMRA members and cost TBD. There will online pre-registration available closer to the eventAll competitors must have experience of open mountain, self navigation races. This event is NOT for inexperienced mountain runners.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule! In addition to this, sufficient water & food must be carried to last for the entire race. A foil blanket, whistle, hat/buff & gloves will be required as well as a map & compass.
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2019!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2019 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2019 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
**Sign in is in Cahir Castle car park from 7am to 7.45am. Busses depart at 8am sharp.** Free parking in the castle car park. Prizes for top 3 men & women. Finishers receive a quality t-shirt, Showers, main course in Cahir House Hotel, bus transfer to the start & an unforgettable experience on the highest inland mountains in the country.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for Leinster League finisher's prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for Leinster League finisher prize