Cancelled Trials For World Mountain Championships
- Trials for Worlds Mountain Running Championships
- Saturday 3 October, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (1,3,3) - Easy Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- International Championships & Selection Trials
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
World Championships TrialThis is a trial for senior athletes interested in completing at the 2020 WMRA World Championships to be held in Lanzarote. The race will start at WW signpost around 80 metres above car park barrier and finish at the foot of the Maulin ride (see Map link above and photos for provisional course and profiles). Follow the Wicklow Way for 1.3km until you reach the bottom of the Maulin ride which is both the start of a hard climb and the finish of the loop/race. The steep climb is 420 metres with an average gradient of 26%. The climb crosses a fire road and turns left on the walking path above, follow the trail to the Wicklow Way and descend along the Wicklow Way to the start of the steep climb. Senior athletes compete the loop 5 times and the race finishes at the bottom of the steep climb.
Senior Men and Senior Women will compete on the same course
Note: World Long Distance Championships will be subject to a separate trial race to be held in Ballyhoura
Crone Woods, Wicklow
World Championships Trial - Crone Wood
ENTRIES Enter online - you must first register with MyImra. Northern Ireland Mountain Running Association runners running their first IMRA race in 2020 should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details requested in the IMRA REGISTRATION FORM to get a complimentary registration number and then use this number to enter online.
General Criteria of Selection of Internationals:
Selection will be carried out on the following basis.
- Performance in any trial race held by IMRA. Target times will be set for trial races, those runners completing the race quicker than this time will be considered for selection according to the order they finish. Achieving the target time is not a guarantee of selection. Where no runners complete the race within the target time the selection committee may, at their discretion, select athletes who ran the trial in order to complete a team, develop promising newcomers to hill running or account for particularly tough weather or course conditions on the day of the trial.
- Performance in alternative races to the trial race will be considered only where the athlete has contacted the selectors in advance, via email to email@example.com, to inform them of their inability to attend the trial race and agreed with the selection committee an alternative race to be used to judge form at the time of the trial race.
- In all circumstances the selection committee will have the option to select full teams, individual athletes or no athletes for a championship. When making final selections the selection committee will consider the panel of runners available, the financial backing available to support any athletes that may qualify for selection and the potential for success of a team made up from the available runners. Only when the funding is available and athletes of sufficient standard are available will individuals or teams be selected.
World Championship Selection Basis:
First two qualifying athletes in the trial race in all categories, provided that the guideline selection times are achieved. Other positions for selection will also be considered based on the trial race and on individual ranking as per recent performances at other National and International running events completed within the 6 months preceding the trial race (preference is given to performances in the mountains). This means that full teams may not be selected to travel to the Championship event.Please note there will be no juniors selected for this event because of the cost of travel. The athletes' contribution for the costs of travel to the World Mountain Running championships is yet to be finally determined.
World Championship Selection Target Times:
- Senior Men: TBDmin
- Senior Ladies: TBDmin
All queries regarding selection should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize