- Sunday 18 June, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Route Description:
- The race starts and finishes in Kilcash village. Car parking will be available and signposted to a field in the village. The distance of the race is 5.05 miles. The minimum elevation is 448 feet and the maximum elevation is 2351 feet. The race start time is 12 noon. The route takes you on the road up through the village, then taking a left turn you continue to 0.6 of a mile where another left turn takes you up onto the trail. After going through 2 gates and passing the Holy Cross which will be on your right, you are now on the mountain trail. Follow this up to the cairn on the summit, go clockwise around the cairn, and return down the mountain following the same route to the finish in the village. A shorter junior race route is also available.
- Getting There:
- Follow the Google maps link for directions: https://goo.gl/maps/w8H6uYEnRF22
The event car park is located in Kilcash village, which is situated just off the Kilkenny/Clonmel road (N76).It will be signposted and stewarded on the way into the village.
A local landowner has kindly allowed us to use his field . We would ask all attendees to use this facility as it reduces the inconvenience placed upon the local community (such as blocked access, noise, general increase in activity) within the village itself.
- Organisers Instructions:
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Prizegiving Location:
- At the finish line
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize