Irish Mountain
Running Association

Connaught Champs

AuthorDateMessage
Rachel CinnsealachJun 11 2014, 10:31pmThe Connaught Champs are fast approaching. There will be a BBQ again this year on the Saturday night. It was a great w/e last year. More details to follow.
Daniela BoehmJun 12 2014, 9:11amThis has to be one of the best weekends on the race calendar! Mweelrea and Silver Strand are absolute gems of the west and Nephin must be one of the most underestimated 'short' mountain runs you can find ;) Not to be missed!!!! To check out just how much fun the CC were in the past have a look at the yearbook!:)
Richard NunanJun 12 2014, 9:28amYes, a great weekend -

@ Rachel, is the plan to have BBQ are we at the same camp site as last year - can you remember the name and post the details ?
Rachel CinnsealachJun 17 2014, 11:11pmwell it looks like people are keen to go back to the same campsite as last year. cross Patrick campsite Lecanvey. I rang the guy at the campsite and he said he's not taking bookings due to an illness in the family but he would take us 'cause we'd been there before. the advantage of this is that we should have the place pretty. much to ourselves so the BBQ should be fun!. There are toilets, but no shower facilities, there is plenty of sea around! Nephin is around an hour's drive away from the campsite. If you have any questions just post below or email me at rachelcinnsealach at gmail dot net
Alan AylingJun 20 2014, 11:49pmSadly due to a fixture clash I can't make it this year.
But I'd heartily recommend the weekend to anyone - great fun and two classic races. The highlight of last year's calendar.
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 23 2014, 11:59amI hate to wuss out but I think we will camp at Westport House instead where there are hot showers and an on site cafe/restaurant...
Rachel CinnsealachJun 26 2014, 4:11pmArrh Niamh.... Sure ya don't need a shower, you and the family can just swim in the sea :)

For the rest of ye,I've just rung the owner to confirm that we are coming. He seems very "relaxed" about the whole thing :)
Stuart ScottJun 27 2014, 2:29pmProvided there's running water and a bucket, we'll be grand!

Hopefully a decent crowd make it, it was one of the best weekends of the year last year. If anyone's got a means of providing music and those pointy metal things for the bbq please bring it.

And if anyone doesn't have a tent, with any luck the Firebird will still be there so don't let that deter you either.
Conor KeenaJun 27 2014, 11:00pmHello! My name is Conor, I want to run for the Connacht Championships, but I've never run with IMRA before. How do I sign up? Do I need to pay membership to enter?
Definately up for camping and BBQ too!
Cheers
Rachel CinnsealachJun 28 2014, 12:14amHi Conor,

You can register on the day. It's 10 euro to register with IMRA and then it's 7 euro per race. Pretty good value. People do need navigational skills for the Connaught champs races, the routes won't be marked.
Daniela BoehmJul 7 2014, 10:50pmHi all,
just a reminder that there will be a BBQ on Sat night at the campsite in Lecanvey, which IMRA has kindly agreed to sponsor.
While the basics will be provided, it'd be great if some people would bring a bit of salad (or anything else they might find BBQ suitable) to make it even better! :)
Thanks!
Rachel CinnsealachJul 7 2014, 11:09pmGreat idea Daniela. I'll bring a salad along.
Stuart ScottJul 10 2014, 4:11pmFollowing on from Daniela's post, some form of cake would also be appreciated for those who are allergic to salads.

Also I put my post about wood on the wrong thread (https://www.imra.ie/events/forum/id/1150/). If anyone has any to spare, can you let me know asap?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Daniela BoehmJul 10 2014, 4:31pmI'm sure cake can be arranged, Stuart ;)
Daniela BoehmJul 14 2014, 8:33amCongratulations to this year's Connaught Champions: Bernard Fortune and Maike Jurgens!
And a massive thank you to Vivian, Denise, Paddy and Judy for putting on another fabulous Connaught weekend and to Rachel for ensuring there would be camping and BBQing :)
James ClancyJul 14 2014, 11:50amFantastic weekend all-round. Congrats to all taking part and the Champions. Many thanks to Vivian and team, the incredible spread of sandwiches, cakes and tea after each race. Also thanks to the BBQ team for the very well organized BBQ on the Saturday night very impressive. A very memorable weekend, definitely a must again for next year!!
Vivian O'GormanJul 14 2014, 5:44pmThank you to everybody for a brilliant weekend. It was well worth the effort of organising. And I'm not forgetting Danielas cakes!!
Anne HodgeJul 15 2014, 8:33amThanks Vivian and everyone else for a really great weekend! The weather for Mweelrea was wild but added to the excitement. Definitely will go again next year. BBQ was great tks to Firestarter Stewart and the other cooks. By the way I was one of those 'temporary' marshals at the summit with Fiona, Sarah etc. so could my time be adjusted aswell? Thanks! Anne