Irish Mountain
Running Association

Moonlight Challenge 2014

AuthorDateMessage
Paul NolanAug 28 2014, 9:35amSaturday 8th of Nov 2014

http://www.moonlightchallenge.com/

The Moonlight Challenge is an invigorating night race through some of the most spectacular scenery of the Wicklow Mountains. The route is approx 27km and the event takes place under a full moon, cloud willing!

The route has been chosen with safety and enjoyment in mind and is fully supported by the members and friends of the Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue Team. The route, albeit challenging in distance, is well within the reach of any fit and well trained runner.

The Moonlight Challenge is the main fundraising event for the Glen of Imaal Red Cross Mountain Rescue Team. It was brought into being in 2010 to assist in raising sponsorship to help construct our Mountain Rescue Base which was completed in 2012. Following on from this, the successful Moonlight Challenge events of 2012 and 2013 helped secure a new mobile command vehicle, as our old Transit was in bad need of retirement after serving 14 years as Rescue Base for the Team.
Paul NolanSep 18 2014, 5:26pmHurry, hurry, hurry.

http://moonlightchallenge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=110
John McCannNov 3 2014, 12:09pmJust wondering if anyone who is running this one who would like to carpool from Laragh. Parking is likely to be very tight at Glenmalure, especially as the walkers registration is much earlier. I am planning to be in Laragh at around 6.45pm
James CurranNov 6 2014, 1:14pmJohn,

I am doing the moonlight challenge.
Could meet you at Lynhams at 6:45? Could you post your number?
Mine is 0876543312.

Regards,

James Curran
John McCannNov 7 2014, 9:19pmPerfect James. Meet you at Lynam's 6.45pm. Was on text to Jason Dowling as well so we can all meet then. My number 087 2932353
Stephen PerryNov 9 2014, 8:21pmWell done Paul and all the gang for a really great course for the Moonlight Challenge last night, probably the toughest yet, !! Nice to see a few IMRA runners there, It suprises me for a group with maybe two or three hundred members who rely on the presence Mountain Rescue so much yet only a handful of members show up to support it.. Hope to see a lot more IMRAs there next year.
Siobhain DugganNov 14 2014, 10:30pmIt was an excellent event!! So well organised and a very important cause! I'll definitely be back next year! The after party was great fun as well ;) Some camped overnight.